Boss stinks of fags

Got a problem with your workplace or one of your colleagues? Thrash it out here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Boss stinks of fags

Postby Lolly - Pop » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:59 pm

My boss is driving me nuts, he is a smoker and he stinks! This is worse than I have smelt people before, I have friends who are smokers and it's never this bad! He smokes outside then comes into my office sits on my desk and breaths all over me :evil: It's like I am smoking the fags myself is makes me gag, I have tried saying to him please could you not breath all over me but he just laughs and says he is allowed to smoke. I am honestly not asking him to give up, if people want to smoke fine by me, but I feel like I am smoking as well cause the smell it that strong! It's not just me people come into my office after he has been in and start coughing with the smell. The windows don't open in the office so I find it hard to get rid of the smell, it's to loud outside to keep the door open cause I have to use the phone.

I don't no what to do cause I have asked him to wait a while after smoking before coming in the office and to no breath all over me but he thinks it's a big joke
Lolly - Pop
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby elmo24 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:44 pm

Ok... two options:

1) Go above him. There must be a regional manager you can speak to? Anyone higher than him? His behaviour is unreasonable and a little chat with someone higher than him would sort it out. Give him a final warning before you report it, so he has one last chance to stop being vile.

2) If there's no-one above him, you'll just have to learn to live with it. Either ignore his behaviour as much as possible so he sees that he's not getting to you anymore OR eat something with loads of onion/garlic in it and breathe over him!! :wink:
All you need is love...
elmo24
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Lolly - Pop » Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:11 pm

lol :D I like the garlic idea, i guess I am going to have to put up with it but he is going on holiday soon :D
Lolly - Pop
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby peecee » Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:48 pm

I love the garlic idea!! :P :P :P
Shine your light and let the whole world see.
peecee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Work & Colleagues