how/when to hand in notice

Got a problem with your workplace or one of your colleagues? Thrash it out here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

how/when to hand in notice

Postby stellar » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:22 am

Hi everyone,

I would be really grateful for some advice about when and how I should hand my notice in. I've been at my company now for 6 months, I have always tried my hardest, punctual, hardworking and enthusiastic. However nothing I do seems to be good enough, my supervisor blows hot and cold with me and she is making me physically ill (I have just been diagnosed with IBS due to stress). I am going away on holiday next week but I want to hand my notice in, I can't really stand the thought of having to work the whole of November but I am aware if I breach my contract I may lose holiday pay and any pay they feel like taking off me. I was just wondering if anyone knows if there is a "get out of jail free" card or whether I am going to have to work the whole 4 weeks of my notice?

Thank you

Stellar x
stellar
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby brfc » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:15 am

if you get paid monthly then i thiink that you have to work your notice of 4 weeks to get the full benefits
brfc
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Weasley » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:44 am

Yes I think you would have to give a months notice but it all depends on your company's policy. Do you not have a contract that outlines the notice period in there? I would be careful as when I left my last job they took money off me as I had had too much holiday!
xxx :)
Weasley
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby pink stripes » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:10 pm

hey there

Yeah i think its a month for notice.. although like Weasley said I would just be careful and check through your contract if you have one :)

--x
pink stripes
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Return to Work & Colleagues