Favoritism...

Got a problem with your workplace or one of your colleagues? Thrash it out here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Favoritism...

Postby Weasley » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:42 am

Hi there! Sorry, time for a major rant here...

I am so angry with work at the moment. Get this. I work for a marketing company and we manage several different campaigns. Common sense - the biggest one we have has the most people working on it. I however manage one to myself. Been a marketing company we have targets to hit as a team, but I have a team of just me!
Any way, the big campaign we do paid for the people working on it to go out for the afternoon paintballing. Bearing in mind I worked on this campaign for ages and didn't get asked to go. Everyone went including the MD and directors at around 1pm and I was left in the office on my own to work until the normal time of 6pm.
Friday, they all got to leave at lunch time because they had hit their targets early, again, I had to stay along with another girl.
Now today because the soccer is on they get to leave with the MD at 3pm in time to get down the pub and watch it! I have been given a totally unrealistic target to acheive by myself which I haven't hit as I was told to get one of these particular appointments a week. I got that on Monday and was told if I wanted to leave early to get one yesterday and today aswell! Totally unfair! Now I haven't so guess who has to stay on their own again till 6? Me! While everyone else is living it up in the pub. Now I know I haven't hit my target but it's unrealistic and everyone else has at least 3 people on their campaign working to the same targets as me! I really wanna blow my top and say "Look here! If everyone else gets to leave early, I should get to leave early! It should be a target as a whole company to make it fair for everyone!" I just want to punch someone so hard, it makes me that mad as it's not the first time I get isolated from all these fun activities they do.
Does anyone else think it's unfair or have any similar experiences to this? If so I'd love to know how you dealt with it without launching a keyboard through a window.
Thanks for reading!
Last edited by Weasley on Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
xxx :)
Weasley
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Bel Bel » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:48 am

It's hard to say
Maybe your are being pushed out (sounds most likely to me)
Maybe the target is not unrealsitic but you think it is (just trying to be devils advocate not put you down)
Have you tried talking to anyone about this, maybe they don't know how you feel and think your fine with it.
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby Weasley » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:53 am

I just don't understand how they can tell me my target is one a week for the particular thing I'm working on at the moment and as soon as I get 1 in Monday they say "You have to get another Tuesday and Wednesday as well as your other daily target it you want to leave early" I'd already got what was agreed! Plus it's a lot because I have two sides of my campaign to work on with two different targets on my own and other campaigns have at least 3 people to work on one thing! I just don't get how that's fair! I hate having to stay on my own here while everyone else is off during work hours, having drinks bought for them and been paid for it! Not like I wanna sit in the pub all afternoon and get wasted but it's principle! Grrrr...sorry! I don't mean to sound like I'm taking it out on you it just makes me soooooo angry!
Weasley
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Bel Bel » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:07 pm

Don't worry I certainly haven't taken it personally and understand why you feel upset
I'm just sorry I can't give you an answer on this one

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby Weasley » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:02 am

That's okay! Thanks for your reply though! I took matters into my own hands yesterday just after everyone got up to go and said "Oh can I go too?" if front of everyone. My boss just looked at me and said "Yes okay you can go." There's nothing like putting someone in an awkward situation! So I did get to go home early yesterday so I am happy about that! Yipee!
Weasley
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Bel Bel » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:33 pm

Well done for standing up for yourself
I hope it affords you more respect in the future

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate