Thick or completely insane? Problem colleague

Got a problem with your workplace or one of your colleagues? Thrash it out here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Thick or completely insane? Problem colleague

Postby TheSaneOne » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:14 pm

There is this woman at work who I seldom have to deal with but who for some reason has a pressing desire to get more involved in my day. She is a total nightmare. We work in a team and at times the four of us have to do tasks together. The psycho woman often just expressley refuses to help, lies and blames others, then acts completely mystified when I or someone else says that she is difficult to deal with. The psycho sends catty emails when people are off sick, tells lies to avoid responsibility for hre own bad manner, barks at people, and is just generally very strange. We had a chat today and were joined by a third colleague who also said this person is very abrupt, deceitful and confusing. I don't know how to handle her. I can't work out if this woman is as thick as two planks or a devious sociopath. I don't trust that for one minute she wont invent a complaint or the like. She is always looking to 'sort out the problems' but cannot see she is at the root of all of them. She has had problems with at least 3 people at our workplace. How do I handle this nutcase? I have already spoken to my boss and he is aware of her manner but it is just really hard work. Worse, it comes off as looking like women witching. I work for a group of 12 men.
TheSaneOne
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Thick or completely insane? Problem colleague

Postby retrochav » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:38 pm

This is a difficult one. I would suggest having as little to do with her as possible. When you must work with her, be vigilant. Note at the end of the day anything you feel uncomfortable about, and print off the catty emails and keep them safely at home.

This way if she ever makes life difficult you have ample evidence to show your employer. Until this point, avoid passing comment about her to anyone at work.

She may well be troublesome, she could be thick, or possibly she is so unhappy with her life she lives in a sort of fantasy world. In any case she isnt the sort of person you would want to have as a mate....or an enemy.
whatever your problem someone else has been there and bears the scars.
retrochav
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to Work & Colleagues