problem with girl at work

Got a problem with your workplace or one of your colleagues? Thrash it out here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

problem with girl at work

Postby sarahjane699 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:38 pm

here it goes. I had a relationship with a guy at my work for 7months,then we were off and on for about a year, I had decided when it reached a year not to continue the love affair.
however a girl at work then had a drunken fling with him and was worried about me finding out. I admit I did cross the line when I spoke to her, as she annoyed me with her attitude towards me. anyway, I called a truce with her a couple of months later, everything was fine & i just started a relationship with someone else.
about 5months later, they had decided to become a couple,which I didn't have a problem with. She started becoming distance with me & I noticed people had stopped inviting me out for work nights out. I ignored it as I thought I'm not going to sort things out, when I've done nothing wrong. She blanked me when I spoke to her in a group conversation,of course the dirty looks and witching then started and I felt like everyone was treating me like the bad guy,when I havent done anything to her. its driving me insane,people have said just to ignore her and talking to her might make things worse but I dont know what is the best thing to do & the funny thing is everyone knows I am loved up with my new man. help?
sarahjane699
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: problem with girl at work

Postby retrochav » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:12 pm

This girl seems a venomous little vixen. She had a fling with your guy, then when all is settled for you both, she creates bad feeling.

Its likely that she has been spreading gossip of sorts, judging by the way things are going. My advice, having been here myself would be to totally ignore her, beyond when you have to speak, then be civil.

Ignoring her behaviour will be difficult, but very effective. It will make her raise her game, which inevitably will be her undoing as she will be exposed for who she is.

You are enjoying your new love, so focus on that. Leave her to stew on whatever issues she thinks she has.
whatever your problem someone else has been there and bears the scars.
retrochav
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby HappyGoLucky » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:07 am

I agree with retrochav that she's probably been gossiping about you and it's best to ignore her. This girl has nothing better to do so don't waste your time on people like her. Usually this kind of gossip will die down in time so keep ignoring the nasty looks and behaviour etc.

Good luck.
Life is like a box of chocolates... you never know what you're gonna get!
HappyGoLucky
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby teardrop » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:36 pm

SHE SOUNDS A RIGHT LITTLE MOO. WHATS WRONG WITH YOUR X ,CANT HE TELL HER TO BACK OFF.HE MUST KNOW WHAT SHES DOING. OR IS HE BEHIND IT I WONDER,TALKING OUT OF TURN ABOUT YOU AND HIM. I WOULD PULL HIM TO ONE SIDE AND ASK HIM WHAT THE PROBLEM IS AND PUT AN END TO IT IF ITS GETTING TOO YOU. GOOD LUCK X
teardrop
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby sarahjane699 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:13 pm

I spoke to him when they was going through a rough patch,they did split up in august last year for 4months and then got back together. I said to him its driving me mad and he said just to ignore it. I do wonder if he is winding her up about me . he has moved to a office in london now. I've moved to a different department now aswell but unfortunatly so has she and she is above me now aswell. I still get the dirty looks from her, there has been some akward moments when we have come face to face in the girls toilet. I do work in a call centre and I understand these work place can be bitchy. I dont understand why its me she hates so much when he chose another girl over her when we finished and was sleeping with a girl he was training when they broke up. Ive been with my boyfriend for over a year,I've never felt so disliked and I'm worried shes going to try and turn people against me in the new department. I dont know whether to confront this pathetic behaviour or just laugh it off
sarahjane699
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby teardrop » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:29 am

she must drive you mad!!!!!.if she keeps on have a word with your boss in private and say what is happening all the time. ask for a transfer if you have to. you cant always ignore someones behaviour when you work with them. try not to look at her ,no eye contact if you can.
teardrop
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Bel Bel » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:38 am

anyone half decent will realise she is witching and whilst they might listen to her it doesn't mean they really like her
if you just play the mature one and ignore it people will notice that
as teardrop says ask for a transfer, whats the point of sepnding every day miserable, after all your at work for a big percentage of your week
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby sarahjane699 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:55 pm

well I've moved to a different department and even though she has moved to the same department aswell (annoyingly),she works in a different section so I have no dealings with her but I've taken your advice and am going to ignore her silly behaviour,it probably is down to jealousy at the end of the day, a girl cant help being this gorgeous! :wink: ,thanx for the advice,its helped alot xxx
sarahjane699
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby TheSaneOne » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:00 pm

Well it's plain she doesn't like you and is the possessive type. Stand back and watch the break up when it happens!
TheSaneOne
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby sarahjane699 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:51 pm

To be honest I cant see it lasting, I am waiting for him to finish it with her as I reckon he will prob have his eye on someone new he works with in london and her returning to the slapper she was before,as she slept with over 5men at my work in under a year. Today she walked into the section where I work,acting all chummy with everyone,I just had to try and ignore her when all i felt like doing is shaking her telling her what a pathetic,immature excuse for a human being she is. I just dont know how long its gonna be till I crack and completely lose it at her which is prob what she wants as I've been ignoring her behaviour for over 11months now since they got together. ](*,) people have suggested just act like nothings wrong round her and maybe that will break the ice,but I hate her so much that I cant even look at her as it makes my blood boil. I went and sat at another table with someone when she sat with people I know at lunch & I could hear her asking why have I turned my back to her. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sarahjane699
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Bel Bel » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:27 pm

Just remember she isn't worth losing your job over
You are letting her win by taking up so much of your thinking time
Time to shut her down in your head and not let her be important to you
Be polite and civil but you don't have to be her friend
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby HappyGoLucky » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:02 pm

Don't waste any more time thinking about her. Be polite and ignore her when she starts being childish. I know it's annoying but it'll be worst if you show her you are annoyed with her as that'll only encourage her more!
Life is like a box of chocolates... you never know what you're gonna get!
HappyGoLucky
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Return to Work & Colleagues