problem about boss

Got a problem with your workplace or one of your colleagues? Thrash it out here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

problem about boss

Postby *sparkle* » Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:08 pm

hi not quite sure where to put this, but anyway, my boss does not seem to pay me on time. i am contracted from 9 to 1 but she makes me stay here till 5 sometimes later. i do it coz i need the money as only get £4.60 an hour. when its bank hoilday i only get my 4 hours. when the end of the month comes i dont get paid coz her account says i will just have to wait till he is free and that he has more important things to do. is he allowed to do this, keep me waiting for nearly 2 weeks. i would be gratefull for any advice.
*sparkle*
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Bel Bel » Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:39 pm

I suggest going to citizens advice with your work contract so they can check it out
£4.60 is below the minimum wage so ther is defiantely one issue that needs to be sorted out
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby *sparkle* » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:05 pm

when i looked at the minimum wage it said that it was
*sparkle*
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Bel Bel » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:13 am

ok sorry you must be 18-21 then on a development wage
still go to citizen advice they can give you best advice
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Re: problem about boss

Postby retrochav » Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:41 am

The minimum wage stands at £4.60 for anyone aged 18 - 21.

You can go straight to a tribunal on grounds of illegal deductions from wages, without usual minimum working period, but this cannot really apply here as you are doing unpaid overtime.

The regulations about bank holidays, most employers will pay you whether you work or not, and pay again if you do - hence double time. It is worth checking with ACCAS website to check the exact law as the holiday with pay act has probably been ammended by subsequent employment acts (the most recent being in 2003).

Usually, you would have to have worked a year to go to an employment tribunal - and raised the grievance with your employer first. Before doing anything, check your position with ACCAS, then visit the CAB as Bel Bel suggests (you can email them, but need to be very detailed to get a sound reply).
whatever your problem someone else has been there and bears the scars.
retrochav
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to Work & Colleagues