dreams

Got a problem with your workplace or one of your colleagues? Thrash it out here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

dreams

Postby spacegirl » Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:34 pm

this isnt so much of a problem, as just looking for a bit of advice.
i keep having these really explicit dreams where i sleep with one of my colleagues. he and i are very good friends but there's no attraction there at all, when we're in work, or outside of work we're just mates. it's really confusing me because i've had this same dream about 5 or six times in the past month and when i see him in work, i sit and wonder whether i am attracted to him... which then makes me uncomfortable and act really strange and awkward around him. vivid dreams always stick in my head all day so when i see him it's as though we actually did sleep together the night before, i think this is why i'm so awkward with him!
the only thing that's changed in our relationship since i've started having these dreams is that he really stood up for me against my boss who was being really mean to me, and we've become closer (as friends) since.
what do you guys think? does this recurring dream mean that i'm developing feelings for him? it's strange, cos the dreams are just sex, not particularly girlfriend/boyfriend type stuff, or anything to do with feelings for him.
not if you were the last dandy on earth
spacegirl
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby phoebe » Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:28 pm

Well I was reading an article thats in this weeks Chat magazine and it was saying that dreams are all premonitions and some we will forget we ever have and ones you will remember when you get that deja vu feeling in real life. As you are not attracted to him i real life maybe you are dreaming of it as getting involved with colleagues is always a bit taboo or maybe you are being unknowingly becoming more attracted to him as he has stuck up for you at work and everything? Any as its completely safe sex - enjoy, lol! I have some very weird dreams that I remember as clear as a bell but theres no way some of them would ever come true - but I know what you mean when theyb seem so real, I wake up feeling angry with people who have done things to me in my dreams the lot. Dreams are so weird don't you think! x
'The best shield is to accept the pain - Then what can really destroy me?'
phoebe
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Weasley » Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:29 pm

Dreams can be very overpowering. I used to write all my dreams down in a diary. it was interesting to read back on them. I too have had a dream about someone from work and the next day I was so embarrassed I couldn't even look them in the face, although I am not attracted to them! I guess it all depends on whether you believe that dreams can be telling you something. If not, I would try and ignore them but if you do maybe you should have a look on the internet at dream definitions. There are all sorts of defenitions and different ones for sex, sex with a celebrity, sex with a partner, sex with a colleague etc. It just depends on whether you believe in this kind of thing!
Lukaxx
xxx :)
Weasley
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby sovereign9841 » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:15 pm

The Dream dictionaries that Weasley speaks of are tough to get to grips with, because the meaning can vary depending on your particular outlook on life, so a pessimist will view a dream in one way, an optimist will view it in another; for example, say i dream of an eagle, to Americans the eagle is a symbol of freedom, but to the rest of the world, if can mean freedom to an optimist & a bad omen to a pessimist (as an eagle is a predatory bird with sharp claws etc), so if you choose that path, make sure you are reading one that you agree with. Generally your own interpretations will be the most accurate.

However that aside, i'd say your dream has nothing to do with your colleague, but he has traits that you find attractive in a man, but your mind will automatically put his face in that dream because it associates those feelings with that person.
Either way to me it implies that you either wish to be in that sort of relationship, (assuming your not already in one) if you are in a relationship, that those are traits you would wish your partner had.

However without knowing the explicit details of your dream, it would be impossible to know. Small factors often come into play, ones that you think have no baring. Sex is also not always about sex or relationships, but about control, or a lack of it, maybe you don't feel you have control of your life and wish that someone would "look over you" and guide & protect you... the list is endless :)

I've always found with re-occurring dreams that once you find the source of the problem they go away.
sovereign9841
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Re: dreams

Postby retrochav » Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:07 am

My take on this is that you are expressing thanks to him for standing up for you. The act of defending you from your boss calls out to a strong feeling of being rescued. Who wouldnt feel grateful for someone standing up for us.

In the dream you are showing the ultimate act of gratitude. He is elevated to a hero status, like a knight in shinning armour if you like.

This is of course my gut feeling on the dream, and nothing scientific so a sense of deep gratitude could be way off the mark. Examine your feelings on him standing up to your boss and see if it makes any sense to you.
whatever your problem someone else has been there and bears the scars.
retrochav
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby spacegirl » Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:49 am

yea i think what you say is right retrochav, when i'm chatting to him we're just pals, no feelings whatsoever, but the dreams always have something to do with him helping me out somehow... and then we have sex lol. haven't had one in a few weeks tho thank god, maybe i'm finished that little phase
not if you were the last dandy on earth
spacegirl
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Return to Work & Colleagues