Groping the boss at the Christmas party

Got a problem with your workplace or one of your colleagues? Thrash it out here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Groping the boss at the Christmas party

Postby harleywhitefort » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:10 am

Help needed.

Went out on Christmas party last night with work. Got drunk and ended up fondling my boss in car. He didn't stop me but said he doesnt mix business with pleasure and I feel like a fool. Help.

Seeing him tomorrow and not sure what to do or say or whether I should just leave !

Melissa
harleywhitefort
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby misskrystal » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:32 am

Do nothing. You have no idea how many people do stupid things at the office Christmas party and that will include your office! What you did wasn't really that bad (although I know it feels like it right now) and if only you and your boss know, you should be alright.

Hold your head high and don't let him see how embarrassed you are.
misskrystal
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Re: Groping the boss at the Christmas party

Postby sovereign9841 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:46 pm

harleywhitefort wrote:He didn't stop me but said he doesnt mix business with pleasure

Well that's a porky straight off, by not stopping you he mixed business & pleasure...

The way i see it, he didn't stop you, which implies he enjoyed it, if thats the case then it doesn't matter, if was an unwelcome advance then fair enough - but its not ;) just forget about it i say, it might be a bit awkward for a lill while, but everyone will forget about it i feel :)
sovereign9841
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby Bel Bel » Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:45 pm

Yes I totally agree with sovereign on this one
Put it down to experience and drink less next year
If he does say anything you could always act like you don't remember to save further embaressment
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby HappyGoLucky » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:11 pm

Yea I agree with the others. Just forget about it and drink less in future.
Last edited by HappyGoLucky on Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Life is like a box of chocolates... you never know what you're gonna get!
HappyGoLucky
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Update on the boss

Postby harleywhitefort » Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:35 pm

Well, after a day of worrying about what the impact of last nights drunken fondle would be, my boss has today rang me. He rang on the pretence of a working query that could have waited until I went to work tomorrow but I got the feeling that he was seeing how the land lies. He said he was tired and didn't sleep well last night and I thought you and me both mate -perhaps the same thing was going through both of our brains !!

Anyway, perhaps all my worrying is for nothing .... I hope so. I hope we can continue to be friends and this not to overshadow our working relationship.
harleywhitefort
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Bel Bel » Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:53 pm

Definately sounds like he is worrying because he knows he shouldn't have let it happen
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Re: Update on the boss

Postby retrochav » Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:12 am

I agree with Bel Bel, i think both of you feel it was a drunken error and both of you have a lot to loose if you got it wrong.

I would suggest he fears a sexual harrassment charge (even though you groped him!) So as neither feels it was appropriate, its best forgotten.

If you do fancy him at all, its best to find another way to try your chances. Through working together will not reach to him.
whatever your problem someone else has been there and bears the scars.
retrochav
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

UPDATE ON THE BOSS

Postby harleywhitefort » Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:57 pm

Hi

Well, have been back to work and seen said boss.

It hasn't been as hard as I thought and neither of us has mentioned it outright. Other people at work have commented on our 'chemistry' at the christmas party and I do agree we do have that certain spark - if we hadn't I wouldn't have made the drunken grope in the first place !

Off work now until Jan - worried big time that he may look for ways to manage me out of the business and move me to another shop. Or, perhaps we might just carry on regardless.

Melissa xx [-X
harleywhitefort
Just Landed
Just Landed

Return to Work & Colleagues