Boss is a nightmare

Got a problem with your workplace or one of your colleagues? Thrash it out here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Boss is a nightmare

Postby Anjelica » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:06 pm

Ok well.. the long and short of it is.... i worked at my job almost 2 years, when i started - my boss and her sidekick were always correcting me, spying on me and i took it as "oh im new i have to learn" well a month turned into 6 months and 6months turned into a year. They never stopped. Now its got worse that ever, critising me for everything i cant breathe without them saying something. Since we changed location, my bosses sidekick is working more closely with me and now when i answer the phone they tell me if i have worded something wrong. who is that? Im like scared of my own shadow and this is the reason i have had such a dramatic weight increase. cause im eating to combat the stress.

My boss only comes near me if she wants to drill me on something and if i dnt have the correct answer i get bollocked. Like today our cliental can be difficult and i got bollocked for not appeaseing them enough when i was doing a stella job and told if it happens again ill need retraining. wtf.? i worked so hard for them and im never off or late. Im just banging my head against a brickwall. Due to my weight increase im scared of going anywhere else right now. and my confidence is shot to pieces cause when im verbally abused im not allowed to raise an eye lid. But apparantly my boss and my own standards of abuse are quite different "so im told"
I cant afford to leave yet and theres no one to complain to coz of the structure of the company is so tiny that if u make trouble it sends shockwaves through the walls. I dnt know what to do? and im just so tired of it. Im sorry i know this is long but i dnt know who else to talk to. My boss and there sidekick just go hand in hand off to the bar. chatting away gossiping no doubt (coz they tell each other everything) and im stuck.

Any suggestions?
Anjelica
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Bel Bel » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:38 am

You can stay and let them rob you of more self esteem or you can get out there and get a job where someone will be appreciative and happy to have you
They are both nasty and obviously get off o making yiou feel samll so don't let it happen anymore
weight has nothing to do with whether someone else will employ you and gettinganother job will help you tackle this problem too
Don't let them do this to you anothe day make changes to be happy
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Return to Work & Colleagues