Groping the boss part 2 .

Got a problem with your workplace or one of your colleagues? Thrash it out here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Groping the boss part 2 .

Postby harleywhitefort » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:15 am

Hi

Its Jan 22nd and still working with boss I groped and kissed at christmas party.

Very flirty and loads of sexual chemisty between us. Gets a bit 'hot' under the collar when we work together.

Other people in the office have picked up on it and one colleague even said that its obvious that we fancy the pants off each other and why don't we get a room and get on with it !

He's married. He's my boss and to be honest, I think he's a bit scared of just what might happen if we let it.

I am just enjoying working with him but worry that its all getting out of hand.

HELP !
harleywhitefort
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Yellowcoaching » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:20 pm

If he's married i suggest keeping things professional before someone gets hurt. If others are already commenting on your behviour it's already out of hand. How would you feel if you heard about your partner acting this way with one of his female co-workers? If he's willing to treat his wife that way what makes you think he'd treat you any better?
You only get one life; I can help you make the most of it.
Yellowcoaching
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Bel Bel » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:02 pm

couldn't agree with yellowcoaching more
I think it's time for a new job or a department change
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby retrochav » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:54 pm

I agree with the others to be honest. I am all for liberating flirting and people being free to express themselves - but he isnt free, and his wifes feelings have to be considered, even in her absence.

Its nothing but problems and complication if it goes anywhere - and could be stifflingly difficult if you have a fall out. Make a break now, either telling him that this must stop before it goes wrong, or else transfer out of his influence.
whatever your problem someone else has been there and bears the scars.
retrochav
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Update on boss

Postby harleywhitefort » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:53 pm

Hi

Thanks to those who have added their comments.

Unfortuately, its not as easy as moving out of the office and away from him. I love my job and have done for a long time. I'm good at it and I do enjoy our friendly flirting.

We both know it would never go anywhere. Let's face it he told me at Christmas that he didn't mix business with pleasure ..... although this was after we had snogged and I'd groped his tackle !!

We have both been discreet enough not to mention the Christmas event at work and I think, we have done brilliantly to be able to carry on working together as we do.

I see it more as we both know we fancy each other but it just won't go any further. Enjoy each others company at work ( hell, we're all there long enough ) and keep it at that.

If you have any other thoughts, please let me know.

Melissa
harleywhitefort
Just Landed
Just Landed

Return to Work & Colleagues