cant hand my notice in

Got a problem with your workplace or one of your colleagues? Thrash it out here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

cant hand my notice in

Postby angelsbaby » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:01 pm

Ok here it goes

I have been at my work for 1 year, i am very underpaid (400 pound per month) I am an IT teacher! I am underestimated at work and i am also bord most of the time, my boss treats me like rubbish and i am sick. My boyfriend recently got a new job and his boss loves him and i have an interview there tomorrow. Thing is there you get to go on business trips around the world and have a work doo every month, a drink after work on a friday and its tripple my money. It all sounds good but i cant bring to hand my notice in, i just cant do it,
any advice on how to let your boss down xxxxxx
angelsbaby
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby Bel Bel » Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:55 pm

why on earth do you care to treat you boss with tenderness and care when he treats you like rubbish
just write a formal resignation letter and move on
life is far too short to waste being miserable, after all work represents a hell of a lot of the hours your awake so you need to enjoy it
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby HappyGoLucky » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:17 pm

He's treated you like rubbish so he probably couldn't care less about you. He will probably not like it of course but it's your decision whether you want to keep your job or not - not his!

Take a deep breath and just walk right into your boss' office and hand him your resignation letter!
Life is like a box of chocolates... you never know what you're gonna get!
HappyGoLucky
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Lolly - Pop » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:32 pm

I was like this when I handed in my notice in at my last job, I didn't sleep the night before but once I had done it I felt great.
Just go for it, don't let a great job slip pass cause you are scared, your current boss sounds like a 'pig' so you don't owe them anything.
Lolly - Pop
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby TheSaneOne » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:59 pm

If you work with your boyfriend there is a risk of the relationship breaking down. Put an ad in the paper and teach privately.
TheSaneOne
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby angelsbaby » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:27 pm

hey,

Well my boyfriend has moved on to a labouring jo with fantastic money (this was after we decided that we didnt want to work together) and i want to become a receptionist or an admistrator, but everytime i think i can do it.... i walk away. What is wrong with me, although he is my only boss i have ever had ( i used to go to college ) so i have never handed a notice in before. I have wrote it out but i cant tell him,

i think he knows something is up but not just what it is. My boyfriend has given me great advice and were planning on moving in with eachother, but on my wage its not going to happen. What can i say to him?
angelsbaby
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby HappyGoLucky » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:39 pm

I'm not sure but maybe you're unsure of how the change after you hand in the notice will be? Hope you get what I'm meaning, lol.

Well, the only thing is just brace yourself and just WALK in your boss office and hand it in. Then, you can have a better pay and move in with your boyfriend.

Tell yourself: I will hand it in NOW and walk in there and hand it in!!

Other than that, I don't think anyone else can help you!!!
Life is like a box of chocolates... you never know what you're gonna get!
HappyGoLucky
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Bel Bel » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:17 pm

or send it by e mail just before you walk out the door at lunchtime.
leave it on his desk last thing at night.
what reaction do you fear getting that could be so bad as continuing to work for this cretin
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby spacegirl » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:49 am

oh my god i'm exactly like you. i want to move to a different department in my work, and i was so afraid of letting my boss down, who by the way is completely awful to me, i sent her a text lol. not the best way to go about things. in the end i just had to say right. monday before lunch i'm telling her. so monday came.. 11.50 and i just marched into the office and said "i want to move departments". i felt like i was dumping someone!
not if you were the last dandy on earth
spacegirl
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby louise06 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:24 am

i also know how ur feeling i need to hand my notice in aswell but cant bring myself to do even though i want to, and need to.

hope ur having more luck then me.
louise06
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby brfc » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:25 am

lifes to short tobe staying in a job you dont want! if you cant tell your boss in person send her a letter telling her your leaving!
brfc
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to Work & Colleagues