How much sympathy does one need?

Got a problem with your workplace or one of your colleagues? Thrash it out here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Postby all_apologies » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:11 am

Hey, I don't think the advice givers on here are intending to come across as holier-than-thou. I think that the frustration lies in the fact that you've come on here asking for advice, got a unanimous opinion, and yet are choosing to ignore it but continue posting anyway.

To summarise the entire thread, it seems the general consensus is that you should acknowledge the fact that your problems with your colleague are a separate issue from her bereavement. You're tying the two in together because you don't like her. Understandable, perhaps, but if you look at the bigger picture you'll hopefully start to see that you're being unfair.

I doubt very much if anyone else will reply in this thread with anything but the same opinion. Maybe you should take some time out to really consider what we've all been trying to say. There's no point in lashing out at the people offering advice - we're trying to change your viewpoint in order to help.
all_apologies
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby HappyGoLucky » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:17 pm

To be honest, I'm quite sick of this post. Aren't you here to get other people's views or opinions? What's the point of just posting stuff here and hardly take any of the advice given? You might as well write it all down on a piece of paper to yourself! Like all_apologies, I don't think anyone will start changing their views and opinions here or start giving you sympathy even if they knew these 2 have been dating for 2 months.

You're combining the fact that you don't like her anyway and this issue together. Well, this has already been mentioned but I wonder if you'll take it in. What are you actually looking for here on this forum? :roll:
Life is like a box of chocolates... you never know what you're gonna get!
HappyGoLucky
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby peecee » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:37 pm

ok, this thread seems not to be making any progress, and the same comments are being made over and over.

I'm going to lock this now. If anybody wants it to be opened again, please pm me or any of the mods.
Shine your light and let the whole world see.
peecee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Work & Colleagues