what am I doing wrong?

Got a problem with your workplace or one of your colleagues? Thrash it out here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

what am I doing wrong?

Postby thelastprisoner » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:02 pm

Hi
I have worked in my current job for other a year. Its a very cut throat enviroment and although I am enjoyng gaining valuable experince I really dont like the working enviorment. The managment structure is very poor, the work is hard and pressurised and morale is very low.

One of the things that has kept me going over recent months is the fact that I am very close with some people in the team. We often go out for lunches together and try and suppor each other when we are feeling down.

However recently I have been feeling paranoid. One particuler member of my circle of friends can be very aggresive in nature and often 2 faced.I try and see the best in people and will try and change the subject/ defend people If I feel she is being too unkind.

Anyway to the point.. Today I found out that my friends had all met up for lunch without inviting me. Furthermore when I asked the aggresive lady as mentioned above if she wanted to walk to the shops at lunch time she lied and said she had appointments to go to early.

I later found out they were all at lunch together as it was in there (public) diaries.

I really cant work out why they would do that I feel very hurt and left out and its making me panick about the reasons for this behaviour. I dont think I am clingy or negative and I try hard to be supportive and undestanding of other peoples needs and moods.

Cant stop thinking about this now can anyone offer any advice pls?
thelastprisoner
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Bel Bel » Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:57 pm

ask soeone else in the group if you have done somethiong to upset them, not the nasty one though
I have a feeling she is a bit of a bully and the others are too scared to stand up to her
If you don't get a satisfactory response maybe it's time to move on
You work so many hours of you rlife it isn't worthbeing miserable
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby morris mouse » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:29 am

Bel Bel wrote:If you don't get a satisfactory response maybe it's time to move on. You work so many hours of your life it isn't worth being miserable

I agree with "Bel Bel"
ImageImage
morris mouse
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby thelastprisoner » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:04 pm

Thanks both for your advice I fully intend to follow it...
thelastprisoner
Just Landed
Just Landed

Return to Work & Colleagues