Resignation

Got a problem with your workplace or one of your colleagues? Thrash it out here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Resignation

Postby Anjelica » Sun May 04, 2008 8:41 pm

Where do you stand if you hand in ur notice in writing and a day later ask to retract it? do I have any rights?
Anjelica
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby peecee » Sun May 04, 2008 9:45 pm

If you say "I quit", it's accepted that you may have said it in the heat of the moment, and you can retract it afterwards.

If you put it in writing, it's assumed you've given it a lot of thought, and you know what you're doing. Unless it states otherwise in your contract, your employer has no obligation to take you back.

However, just go and ask them if you can retract your resignation, explain why you have changed your mind, and whether or not you'll be doing it again. There's every chance they will be happy for you to stay. I've had staff resign before to pursue a different career, then change their minds, and I had no reason to insist they left; I didn't have to find a replacement, I knew they were good employees, and I was glad they preferred to stay with us.

Just ask, petal! :)
Shine your light and let the whole world see.
peecee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby lilessexgal » Mon May 05, 2008 4:55 pm

ask your boss. tell him that even though you wrote it in writing you still werent thinking straight.

do you dislike your job?
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
lilessexgal
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Steve1213284 » Mon May 26, 2008 3:18 pm

Depending on how long you've been working for that company, you should talk to your boss and tell him the whole situation that forced you to write it. He might understand it, who knows. Good Luck! :)
Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose. - Tom Krause
Steve1213284
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to Work & Colleagues