work made hell

Got a problem with your workplace or one of your colleagues? Thrash it out here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

work made hell

Postby Bexical » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:33 pm

Hiya, wuite a while since i posted, and its never been on this page but i need advice and quick

Basically I work for a large uk company and theres only about 11 staff all together. To cut a long story short, I am the youngest I'm in a relationship and happy with my life, but they make my life hell because I dont go out with ALL of them and I find them all shouting at me for the sillyest things. For example the other day one person is designated to look after the ovens, I was serving but one person from the back of the shop came and told me to put baguettes in the oven, i said Im not on the oven and such an such was and the girl on the oven shouted back she was going to do it, so i continued serving. After about 10 minutes the women who asked me to do it came to the front of the shop and started mouthing off at me sayng why didnt I do it when i asked you too (shes no manager and she is no different to me) then had teh cheek to say we work as a team... This team business is a laugh when friends and family have walked past the shop numerous times at busy times and saw me walking ALONE whilst they all talk and chat in the back, not only is it friends and family but also staff from another branch has noticed. I am so sick of getting upset at work because of people witching about me and talking about me that i just wanna get out and leave, I am trying but at the moment cant. I cannot tell the manager because they are ALL friends and all go out at the weekends.

I dont mind them going out but they cause trouble with my sister and her friends cos they all go out as well she is 27 and capable of looking after herself when they threaten her etc but I have to go to work and listen to how they all hate my sister and how they see her when im not really interested. The reason they do it is because My sister is friends with someone that one of the girls I work with doesnt like. At the end of the day its got nothing to do with me I am not my sister why should I have to take all this at work. I spoke to my manager on one occasion when they tried to get me to go out with htem one weekend and because I have never been out clubbing I hadfour seperate people tell me that they wanted to get me drunk and spike my drink. As I said I spoke to my manager on this occasion and she said she would speak to the girl in question but didnt as it is her best friend and she stays at hers.

I go to work get on with my job and leave at the end of the day but I am getting so depressed with the sarcastic comments not only in work but on the internet as well. I have spoken to someone who can get in toush with the area manager but she has already warned me that he will not do anything as they are his favourites. Where do I turn? I am waiting a response from a new job
Bexical
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Beckie » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:54 pm

its unfair that you should have to find a new job because of them behaving like petty school children but maybe its the right thing to do?

other wise, you could try talking to the one of them individually and explaining that you're not your sister and you don't understand their reason for taking it out on you? Depending on how bad it actually is that may not be a possibility, i don't know!

if you're forced to leave your job because of people like that then make sure you say your piece before you do ! Make it very clear that you're not leaving because you can't handle it; you're leaving because you're a better person than that and you shouldn't have to lower yourself to pointless witching.

hope it works out !

<3
Beckie
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby Bel Bel » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:53 am

just keep looking for something else
we spend so many hopurs at work it isn't worth being unhappy
I hope the job you are waiting on works out but if not keep trying
They are very petty but as a group they will always out number you and see to have support at all levels
sometimes you just have to know when to walk away because it's a battle you can't win
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby morris mouse » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:50 pm

Bel Bel wrote:We spend so many hours at work it isn't worth being unhappy.Sometimes you just have to know when to walk away because it's a battle you can't win

I agree with "Bel Bel"
ImageImage
morris mouse
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Bexical » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:29 pm

Well i didnt get the job i was going for so im stuck there
Bexical
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby morris mouse » Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:21 pm

Bexical wrote:Well i didnt get the job i was going for so im stuck there

:grouphug: Just for YOU,"Bexical"
ImageImage
morris mouse
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Beckie » Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:49 pm

keep trying ! something will come up before long :)

<3
Beckie
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby Bexical » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:23 pm

Im sick of trying, been trying ages and get as far as references then thats it
Bexical
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Bel Bel » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:43 am

perhaps you need to review your CV
can you get someone to have a look at it for you?
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby Bexical » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:32 pm

Had my CV professionally done had the person at where i applied go over it and said its fine!
Bexical
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to Work & Colleagues