Working...remotely!

Got a problem with your workplace or one of your colleagues? Thrash it out here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Working...remotely!

Postby TommyTank » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:06 pm

I work at home, remote from the office, most of the week. I used to work in the office. It was fine at first, even easier at times, because I can concentrate more easily. But for the last while, especially with a couple of new people joining the office and some old leaving, I'm getting more and more left out, and definitely forgotten about.

I'm finding, even with colleagues I know for some time, that they're not even bothered getting back to me on work-related queries half the time. It's mostly by email, but it's like talking to someone who's just ignoring you. And I haven't done anything to fall out with them.

I've also found a couple of times I'm sometimes getting blame for things I have nothing to do with, just because I'm not there to hear it and stand up for my self.

Does anyone have a similar situation or have a way to deal with it?
TommyTank
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Yellowcoaching » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:29 pm

Try sending email read receipts so you can be sure thay have been recieved.

If you work at the office part of the week or odd days try to schedule a meeting or informal get together to make sure everything is going smoothly.
If all else fails and you feel you are being treated badly and getting blamed for things due to your absense speak with your line manager about it.
You only get one life; I can help you make the most of it.
Yellowcoaching
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to Work & Colleagues