Renting A Property

Got a problem with your workplace or one of your colleagues? Thrash it out here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Renting A Property

Postby Baby_Brunette » Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:21 am

Me & My Fiance are both 19 years old (nearly 20). My Fiance has a full time job and I am currently working part time because I am pregnant. We are looking to rent somewhere and have been trying to work out our finances. I have a few questions which I would be grateful if anyone could answer.

1. What sort of bills do you have to pay when renting? (E.g. Gas, Electricity, Water, Council Tax, Poll Tax etc)

2. Do you have to get a TV licence or will there already be one? Same with phone line etc?

3. If living in a 1 bedroom flat, with 2 adults and 1 baby approx how much would you need a month for bills?

Thanks to anyone who can help.
Baby_Brunette
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby brfc » Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:05 pm

hi baby_brunnette

heres a few answers as me and my partner rent a flat. we have a 15 month old boy

1) we pay tv licence £10 a month)

rent (£475 a month)

electricity (£40 a month)

water (£30 a month)

council tax (£93 a month)

(virgin cable bill which includes phone , line renta ,l tv and internet. that works out about 40-45 pound a month for virgin.

2) if you rent the flat you have to get a tv licence

3) as above but you may be entitled to housing benefit to help you with renting your place if you pm me ill let you know a site were you can find out.

all the best brfc
brfc
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Baby_Brunette » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:45 am

So you can get Sky/Virgin Media whilst renting, I wasn't sure.
Baby_Brunette
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby brfc » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:59 am

Baby_Brunette wrote:So you can get Sky/Virgin Media whilst renting, I wasn't sure.

yes when we moved in we had a connection all set up for cable so we signed up for it.
brfc
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Bel Bel » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:57 am

only if the landlord is happy, some people won't allow sky dishes to be put up on the property and others won't allow holes to be drilled foe the cable
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Return to Work & Colleagues