Short of cash!

Got a problem with your workplace or one of your colleagues? Thrash it out here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Short of cash!

Postby rufio89 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:39 am

I'm struggling for cash, and I'm starting to feel like it's all getting on top of me. I've done well so far and havent got myself into any debt, and I'd really like to avoid this if possible, but once rent/food/bills etc are paid, I've almost no money left over for anything else.

Can anyone think of any ways to make money around work? If I could make, say, £200 per month more, reliably, that would be great, or do you think I'll just have to find a new job that pays more?

Thanks

Ruth
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Bel Bel » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:55 am

well if you can get a job that pays bette that would be the best solution as it would mean working less hours
however if that isn't a realistic option what about part time work in a supermarket or a pub
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby brfc » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:04 pm

ebay is a great way to make money. i was a bit short this month. chucked some old games on ebay. got loads of bidders at the mo.
brfc
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby rufio89 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:04 pm

i don't really want to get an evening job, I have precious free time at the moment, and if I worked regular part time hours, I'd never see my partner. I'll try putting some stuff on ebay, I haven't done that for a while.

Does anyone know of any ways to make money online?
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:51 am

Well your problem lies in the fact you don't work regular part time hours or want to work more hours.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby lilessexgal » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:29 pm

ebay is the best way online and if you do it well a lot o money can be made.

or another thing is get promotional work....handing out leaflets on a saturday every now and again that pays about £100 just for a day.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
lilessexgal
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby rufio89 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:50 pm

I think it's perfectly reasonable not to want to work more hours, I already work 40+ hours per week, I'd like to have occasional time to myself, otherwise money is pretty much meaningless.
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby keepingsane » Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:27 am

I would agree with doing promotional work, as it's not hard to find and even big companies offer this kind of work. It all depends on your living situation really. Say you have fixed work hours (eg, 9-5 weekdays) you could work out doing the promotional work around it. But flexible work hours would probably make this more difficult. You could ask your employer about a raise, but overall perhaps a better-paid job would be best. x x
keepingsane
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby sunshine girl » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:54 pm

Not sure if it's up your street but I used to make really good money from babysitting. If you join an agency they will ring you with bookings which you can accept or decline so it's quite flexible. Just one evening a week would probably make up the extra plus as the kids are usually in bed when you arrive (or shortly after) it's basically just like having a quiet night in and getting paid for it!
sunshine girl
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Return to Work & Colleagues