Please urgent

Got a problem with your workplace or one of your colleagues? Thrash it out here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Please urgent

Postby Bexical » Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:01 pm

Ok im desperatly needing some advice here, I have been signed off work by my doctor for having sciatica which i am in alot of pain with, over the past week that I have been off I have come home to some really nasty comments on facebook about it to which ive got quite upset. I am 20 and these women are about 35. I am not in a union. I was just wondering if this was classed as bullying at work? Please help
Bexical
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby miaow » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:57 pm

If they are people you work with then yes I would class it as bullying. Can you join the union so when you go back to work you will be a member? Usually its a nominal amount ie £10 a month, and well worth it. I know numeous ppl who have used them - invaluable.

As for 35 year olds writing nasty comments on facebook - pathetic!! I'd print them out and take them to your manager - its totally unacceptable.

Are the messages about you being signed off work, or about something else? ie are the comments work related or personal?

x
miaow
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Liquidius » Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:26 pm

I work as an IT Technician for a company which has had some similar problems - and we had to investigate a similar case. I can tell you, and am 100% sure that this is staff bullying.
Liquidius
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Beckie » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:46 pm

you should complain to work about them. Its wrong and if they're 35 then lets be honest.. they're pathetic and should have better things to do. Pity them! xx
Beckie
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby Bexical » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:07 pm

I am just upset because things I talked to my assisstant manager about over msn have appeared and also things about me not being at work, I do not have a clue about a union never even been offered to be in one
Bexical
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Bel Bel » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:22 am

i definately agree print all the msn conversations and take to the boss
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Return to Work & Colleagues