Interview tomorrow heeellppp

Got a problem with your workplace or one of your colleagues? Thrash it out here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Interview tomorrow heeellppp

Postby Bexical » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:24 pm

Hiya, I am going for a receptionist job tomorrow which involves going to college to gaina dental nurse qualification, I really have no idea what they will ask as I have been in retail for most of my life. Any ideas what they might ask?
Bexical
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Weasley » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:52 pm

Lucky for you my best friend is a dental nurse and got me an interview for a receptionist job at her practise just after I got made redundant last year.
They like you to have a good telephone manner. Dental receptionist work is mainly filing, taking appointments and advising patients of cancellations. They also take the payments for the treatments and get new patients to fill out forms before appointments. I'm not sure but I think you also have to have a Hepititis C injection (but this could just be the dental nurses?) I'm not sure why you would have to take a qualification in Dental Nursing unless they expect the role to turn in to that kind of position? If you do, you have to take an exam at the end in order to become qualified.
Just go in, be confident, smart and organised. Theres nothing worse than a disorganised receptionist, and interviewers can usually tell. The lady that interviewed me liked me to ask her questions, so I asked her about the daily roles, what I can expect etc. I then asked if I could go behind the desk and see what the receptionist did - just to get a feel for it. Whilst there I asked the receptionist what it was like, what programs they use on the computer for booking in and generally tried to make friends! I got the job but didn't take it.
Good luck! Let us know how you get on!
xxx :)
Weasley
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Return to Work & Colleagues