Help!

Got a problem with your workplace or one of your colleagues? Thrash it out here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Help!

Postby whereintheworld? » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:11 pm

Okay, here is the deal...
I work in a sector of industry that has been hit incredibly hard by the current crisis. I work in a family run business and have just been offered to either take up the running of the business with one other person or be made redundant in the next month or so.
An easy option i hear y'all cry!! the issue is this...for as long as i can remember i have always wanted to travel and end up in Australia. Now i have been told that my folks (also my bosses) if i decide to take the option of running the business will go to Oz themselves (oh and by the way i can look after their dog!). If i choose not to, then i have to leave the company and go and find something else to do (in this current climate...i am not going to get a job in the sector i want). I owe £6k on a loan that i need to pay back so really upping sticks and going overseas is not an option right now~unless i could earn whilst abroad and put some money in to my account...but right now there is just no guarantee that i am able to get a job once over there! Things are so tight i am applying for second jobs atm...and being told no quite a lot!!! so what makes me think that i will be able to get a job if i leave here?! This is the thing...here there is security, i will be able to pay my mortgage, keep my car and get a wage...dont get me wrong i know it is a good thing but i keep thinking there is more to life and how come...even tho i have been saying that i want to go to Oz it ends up my folks and my brother (who is going over in Dec) get to go over there and i get left behind?
Help! my mind is all over the place and any type of advice/guidance would be gratefully received!!! [-o<
whereintheworld?
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:15 pm

Why don't you take over the business for a few years then sell it or if possible have a few longer holidays with your family if they move over? That way you can gain great experience, earn money and still go to Australia.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Bel Bel » Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:19 pm

How old are you?
Your folks have worked all their life to get to decide to move to oz. Your are being given a fantastic opportunity to run a company be in charge of your own future.
You can move to oz later
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Return to Work & Colleagues