careers

Got a problem with your workplace or one of your colleagues? Thrash it out here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

careers

Postby Raven » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:24 pm

I just don't know what to do! My current job is absolutely mind-numbing and I find myself eating because I get so bored (I'm a typist). The people are okay but I wouldn't call them friends. I have applied for 2 more exciting-sounding jobs but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot around, or worth leaving my current job for. I left uni as I couldn't focus and thought it was a waste of money. I wanted to travel but can't face another 12-18 months of doing a rubbish job to save to go away!

I thought about joining the army or another armed force, but due to my low opinion of myself do not think I could be trusted in difficult situatons (I am often forgetful), or would crumble under the pressures of basic training as I am quite sensitive. On the other hand, my sister said it'd probably do me good! I feel as if whatever I would be interested in doing I would not be good enough due to my stupidity and clumsiness, so of course I am rendered hopeless and down. Or I think 'oh that's too long a time to train' so dont follow it up anyway. I just dunno what to do. I suffer from mild social anxiety and often feel uncomfortable with people looking at me etc, so how am I ever going to get on in life?! Let alone join the army?!

Any pointers?

:(
Raven
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Re: careers

Postby Bel Bel » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:01 pm

part of the reason yoummay be forgetful and clumsy is becasue you on auto pilot
your so biored that you can't focus as you half aslepp, doing you job in a robotic state
I think it's importnat you do something you will fell good about
the army will certainly build your character and you may have days whjen you cry and get sensitive but if you have a passion for it and enjoy it those days will be few and far between
you really need to think what you wnat and what your trying to achieve form wherever yoyu kove to next
perhaps a chat with connexions would help (look them up on yell)
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby miaow » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:52 pm

what about the territorial army - try it for a while, see if you like it and if you do go into the army full time. Agree with Bel Bel - when your bored at work it is easy to go into auto pilot and that's when you mess up, we all do it!
miaow
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby lilessexgal » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:40 am

I agree with Bel Bel. You have been broed of the job for so long you dont feel you can do anything better because you are in a constant routine. I think if you are really that passionate about the army then go for it! You will either make it or you wont so whats the harm in trying?
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
lilessexgal
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to Work & Colleagues