morally uncomfortable...

Got a problem with your workplace or one of your colleagues? Thrash it out here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

morally uncomfortable...

Postby rufio89 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:31 pm

Ok, as you might know, I've started this new job...

It's a company that does cleaning for an insurance company, and I'm currently training how to use the systems etc.

The thing is, I'm really uncomfortable about the way they do some things... like when they're prcing up everything they've done, they're telling me to add extras of things they havent done, to get them more money, and one of the cleaners just got back and they forgot to get the client to sign, so they forged the signature from their excess cheque...

I dont know what to do, it makes me really uncomfortable. It's obviously illegal, and I dont want any part in it, but I NEED this job :(

Anyone got any advice?
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Re: morally uncomfortable...

Postby Skarlet » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:39 pm

Hi,

That is awful, obviously it makes you working there really difficult. I don't think you are going to be able to change the way they work, and accepting it, is to go against your morals. Maybe your only option is to stay there, but then keep looking for other work and try and get out as fast as possible. Which in this current climate doesn't sound so easy, but would be better then staying there.

Alice
Skarlet
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby morris mouse » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:44 pm

alicat wrote: I don't think you are going to be able to change the way they work, and accepting it, is to go against your morals. Maybe your only option is to stay there, but then keep looking for other work and try and get out as fast as possible.

I agree with "alicat"
ImageImage
morris mouse
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby RagDoll » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:46 pm

I agree with Alice, I can totally understand why you don't want to be a part of it, but there's not much you can do in the short term. The best thing you can do is start looking for another job immediately. I know that's rubbish when you've just started this one and considering the current climate, but there's not much else you can do.

I guess the only other option is just to play by the rules yourself and turn a blind eye to the rest of it for the time being (until you get out of there). Once you're fully trained will you just be able to process everything yourself so you can do it fairly as opposed to ripping people off?! At least then you'd know you're not personally responsible for it.
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Return to Work & Colleagues