My boss is the most unprofessional person i have ever met!

Got a problem with your workplace or one of your colleagues? Thrash it out here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

My boss is the most unprofessional person i have ever met!

Postby suki » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:42 pm

Hi there,

I started in my job Dec 07 on a permanant basis. Working in the company is just me and the director of the company, it is a very small company. I pretty much run her life and her business and i can confidently say that if she did not have me she would be screwed. I got the "dream" job just after college so i was willing to do anything for little pay, she started me off on minimum wage with the promise of a raise. I started off just office managing, assisting her, bookkeeping etc now she has me project managing very big jobs along with all the other stuff i was doing in the office. Over a year later and she has still not given me a raise, even though countless times she has got my hopes up saying that she will and then turning around to me and saying that she cannot give me one afterall because she cant afford it. She gets nearly paid 3 times as much as me and considering she only started the company over a year ago she pays herself an awful lot. She also charges personal expenses onto the credit card, when i say personal expenses i mean skiing trips and prada shoes. She spends on average 2-3k a month on the company credit card on herself. She also includes a fee for me in the budgets and never gives me the money. She gave me a xmas bonus of 500 euro even though if she were to have actually paid me all the times i have project managed jobs for her she would owe me around 10k. She says it is going back into the company but she spends the companies money like it is going out of fashion. This morning i discovered she had transferred 10k of the companies money into her personal account. Now for the icing on the cake - she paid herself her Jan wages on the 2nd of Feb and paid mine on the 5th Feb. When i went to check my acct this moring the cheque bounced and to make it worse my bank honoured the cheque on the 5th so i have been spending the money, paying bills etc. So even if i was to lodge money into my acct now it would be used to pay off the debt on my acct. When i alerted her to this today she told me that there is no money in the bank account, not a cent we are in fact overdrawn by nearly 25k. She cant pay me until next week so i have 0 money in my account. I want to just get up and leave but i will be screwed because no one is hiring. For the last 5 months i have been applying for jobs but i have had no responses. I am a really hard worker and i work beyond the call of duty for her (babysitting her daughter, staying late and working weekends with no overtime)

i am this close to ratting her out to her accountant about all the money she owes to the company - around 50k. she assured me that 35k should hit our bank account next week but we are overdrawn by 25k and we owe 35k to suppliers - is this company doomed? should i just walk out? do i have any rights here? she has screwed me over for the entire time working here, manipulating me, crying on my shoulder, lying to me. I am just so sick and tired of it, i am depressed every Sunday i shudder when she comes into the office. I stuck between a rock and a hard place here and it is driving me insane

Maybe i just need to rant but if there is anyone who could suggest a path of action to me please do! My parents want me to stay because i will be out of a job otherwise but my boyfriend and sister thinks i should leave.

HELP!!!
suki
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: My boss is the most unprofessional person i have ever met!

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:02 pm

Rat her our to the accountant. If she is telling him she is paying you loads of money and pocketing it the accountant needs to know.
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Re: My boss is the most unprofessional person i have ever met!

Postby Bel Bel » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:43 pm

yes i agree and go temping if you have to, things could get worse and you could gain be left with no pay any month
at least teping you know you will get the wage, can still look for another job, you won't have to do the unreasonable hours for no extra and you won't be doing jobs beyond the call of duty
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Return to Work & Colleagues