What to do?

Got a problem with your workplace or one of your colleagues? Thrash it out here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Re: What to do?

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:02 pm

If it is something you want to do then go for it as Bel Bel said you can't do it later when you have a mortgage and kids.

Take the chance if it pays off it pays off; if not you are back to where you are now at least knowing you tried!
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby m_m » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:09 pm

Yeah, that is a good way of looking it. Thank you dipsy :) I will have a chat with my parents tonight and see what they say then hopefully arrange a meeting with the course leader and give him / her a good grilling! :lol: x x
m_m
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby RagDoll » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:09 pm

As I say, I'm not trying to put you off, but before you make any decisions, why don't you do as dispy and I have suggested, that way you'll be better placed to make a decision? :)

Dipsy has just posted about what Bel Bel said earlier - you are in the best position to do the course at this point in your life. It's always hard to know what the right path to take is, my advice is just to look into it as much as you can, so you at least know all the pros and cons and can make an informed decision!

Good luck!
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby m_m » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:50 am

I've had to remove this post due to identity issues, I hope that is not a problem x
Last edited by m_m on Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
m_m
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby RagDoll » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:09 am

Ok, I think your first paragraph just confirmed what I was kinda saying (though I wish I'd been wrong!) regarding the college course.

I do, however, think going to uni to do a veterinary nurse qualification sounds great (as long as you're 100% sure that's what you want to do..), at least that way you'd be doing a course with a definite outcome and know what you're aiming for. I don't know how competative it is getting jobs as veterinary nurses, but it sounds like a sensible option to me.

Of course you'd accumulate debt whilst at uni, but as long as you get a job at the end of your course (and at least this is a vocational degree) you can just gradually pay it back. I am in the process of paying mine back and hardly notice the payments every month. Again, I think you just need to do a bit more research into the course/job.

With regards to your Mum saying you should pursue a career in law, well, at the end of the day it's your life and you clearly hate your job, so even though she's your Mum, you can pretty much ignore that comment. It'd be hard to excel in something you despise anyway as your heart won't be in it. I think you should go for the degree once you've looked into it a bit more, but that's just my opinion! Keep us updated :)
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby m_m » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:18 am

I've had to remove this post due to identity issues, I hope that is not a problem x
Last edited by m_m on Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
m_m
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:19 pm

An option may be to call a few vets and ask if you could volunteer there for a few weeks- even just cleaning up after them (I know you volunteer now) just to see if that is what you do want!
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Previous

Return to Work & Colleagues