sucking up to be hired

Got a problem with your workplace or one of your colleagues? Thrash it out here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

sucking up to be hired

Postby JGRD146 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:43 pm

Im on a 13 week experience course with a business and i really need to be taken on full time. The manager said that if i make an impression on the workplace and impression on him then he may consider me perminant. Im doing my best so far and really need to find a method to make him take me on. Ive bonded with male staff members (2 are shop workers and 1 is a training supervisor) and this is friendship i like and not using them for a job. any ideas? thanks
Everything that has a beginning has an end
JGRD146
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: sucking up to be hired

Postby Bel Bel » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:23 am

i think make an impression means do your job well, show you can use you initaitive and don't need someone holding your hand through every job, be effiecient, be on time etc
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Re: sucking up to be hired

Postby spacegirl » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:49 pm

I agree with BelBel, if yu're looking for a permanent post put your head down and concentrate more on beating targets, increasing productivity, coming up with ideas to improve the business etc. Once you're there permanently you can relax a bit and get to kow people much better, but for now your priority is impressing your boss with your work ethic. You already sound keen and enthusiastic, if you show this to your boss it should be something he'll take into account.

Good luck!
not if you were the last dandy on earth
spacegirl
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Return to Work & Colleagues