Training Courses etc.

Got a problem with your workplace or one of your colleagues? Thrash it out here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Training Courses etc.

Postby RagDoll » Thu May 14, 2009 3:18 pm

Hi all,

God, I am so pi55ed off right now!!

We have just been sent an email from our admin detailing who will be going on some one-day training courses over the next couple of months. Despite requesting that I go on a few, I'm not signed up to go on ANY of them. It's really frustrating - people who have Masters in Planning and have worked in this team for a lot longer than myself are being sent on these courses, yet people such as myself (I have less experience and no planning qualifications) would benefit from them far more.

What's even more of a kick in the teeth is someone that started working in our team after myself, who isn't even a permanent employee (he's on a graduate scheme so moves teams every six months or so) is on one of these courses. Why invest so much money in training him over myself when he's not going to be here for a whole lot longer??!

I am just sooo sick of work! This is just typical of them. I really feel like no one could care less about me here. I have nothing to do 99% of the time and I've lost the will to keep fighting for work/things to do as I've had over 2 years of that not getting me anywhere (I have moved teams during that time).

I don't know if I'm really looking for advice, or just needed a bit of a rant really... I really wish I could just get the hell out of this place, but I have no idea what I want to do with my life anymore :( Feel completely disillusioned with it all.
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Re: Training Courses etc.

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Fri May 15, 2009 9:18 am

Can you not complain to a manager about it? Who organised the training courses? Can you speak to them?

As you know my work forget about me as well; my manager used to sit a row or so behind (we sit with 3 people in a row). I am on the end, the other half of my department in the middle and then our boss has moved to the end...since he's moved there I've become invisible. When he sat behind at least I got included.
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby RagDoll » Fri May 15, 2009 9:39 am

Apparently it was our big manager (not my line manager, the one above that who over-sees the management of the whole team) who decided who went and who didn't, so I don't really know who I can speak to about it. I guess I could mention it to my line manager and see what he says, but I bet that doesn't get me anywhere. Thinking ahead, I've got my appraisal in a couple of weeks time, so I will bring it up then, as I said, I doubt it'll get me anywhere, but at least I've tried.

As it happens, the guy whose on the graduate course has said I can go in his place if I want (as he knows he's not going to be here much longer) so I will see if that's ok with my manager and then it's a way to bring it up without seeming that I'm moaning on. That's the other problem - I know that my manager repeats what people have said to him e.g. a colleague of mine got sick of not having much work to do and had a moan about it to the manager and he in turn had a moan about her to another colleague of ours. Totally unprofessional!

I'm still annoyed that I wasn't put down for a training course in the first place. I'm sick of the lack of support and encouragement in this place. It's a joke.
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Fri May 15, 2009 11:26 am

I think the appraisal idea or the asking to go instead of the grauduate idea are good. It's worth a try anyway, nothing to loose.

RagDoll wrote:I'm still annoyed that I wasn't put down for a training course in the first place. I'm sick of the lack of support and encouragement in this place. It's a joke.

Shall we set up our own company? lol
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby RagDoll » Fri May 15, 2009 11:33 am

I think so Dipsy! I have always fancied doing that anyway. What kind of company should we set up?! :)
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Fri May 15, 2009 12:22 pm

RagDoll wrote:What kind of company should we set up?!

Anything!
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby RagDoll » Fri May 15, 2009 1:20 pm

I fancy a clothes shop... although I'd end up taking all the stock home with me, haha
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby RagDoll » Fri May 15, 2009 1:50 pm

PS: I know you have problems finding clothes that fit because you're tall and I'm reasonably tall, so perhaps we could sell clothes for tall women?! I'm thinking this through way too much lol ;) This is what a boring Friday afternoon at work does to me...
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Fri May 15, 2009 2:35 pm

We'll do a tall womens clothes shop then :).

I can find clothes to fit me (ok limited to 3 shops), but there are a LOT of girls out there taller than me and I wonder where they all get them from.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Fri May 15, 2009 2:49 pm

I think we should also ban women under a certain height from buying certain things.

I was in topshop during the week and there was this short woman looking at trousers in the tall section....It quite annoyed me cos she can get the "normal" length where I can't.

Oh I was in another shop as well and they now do a specific "petite" range; which is fine, but if they are going to do a petitie then they should do a tall section as well. It's only fair :cry:

In town we even have a "high and mighty" mens clothes shop which is for exceptionally tall men and exceptionally fat men...we don't have an equivalent of that until Edinburgh northwise and York southwise.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby RagDoll » Fri May 15, 2009 3:23 pm

Yep, we can just slowly shake our head at any short people that walk through the shop door, haha.
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Fri May 15, 2009 3:26 pm

I was trying to think of some whitty short person joke but I can't think of one you can't use back :(
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby rufio89 » Fri May 15, 2009 3:32 pm

Pffffffft you two wont be getting any business from me! :p
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Fri May 15, 2009 3:40 pm

rufio89 wrote:Pffffffft you two wont be getting any business from me! :p

You can technically buy your trousers anywhere :P.

We'll set up a shop in Paris
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby RagDoll » Fri May 15, 2009 3:54 pm

Oooo Paris, sounds posh. I'm in :)
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Next

Return to Work & Colleagues