Training Courses etc.

Got a problem with your workplace or one of your colleagues? Thrash it out here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Re: Training Courses etc.

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Fri May 15, 2009 3:56 pm

We'll have to pu the clothes on high hooks or rails so all the short people can't reach them hahaha.
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby RagDoll » Mon May 18, 2009 9:13 am

Hahaha, that's brilliant ;)
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby RagDoll » Tue May 26, 2009 11:04 am

RagDoll wrote: I guess I could mention it to my line manager and see what he says, but I bet that doesn't get me anywhere. Thinking ahead, I've got my appraisal in a couple of weeks time, so I will bring it up then, as I said, I doubt it'll get me anywhere, but at least I've tried.

Well, I did mention it to my line manager and he just sighed, looked fed up and said he would "look into it" - the usual, 'I can't be bothered with this or you' attitude. I am getting so fed up of it, it's really getting to me now. I thought 'ok, at least I can bring it back up at my appraisal and see if he's actually done anything', but he's decided to have himself a holiday instead (it was meant to be this Friday, but he's off all week). He didn't even tell me himself he's off, or apologise for the fact my appraisal will have to be re-scheduled - I only found out it won't be happening because I over-heard him tell someone else in our office that he's got the week off.

I really don't know what to do, but I am getting VERY sick of this. My parents think I should go and have a word with his manager (our overall boss), but he's just as ineffectual as my line manager and I don't want to make waves. What does anyone else think?
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Tue May 26, 2009 12:15 pm

You could casually mention to the overall boss that you had asked your line manager about going on the training course and he said he'd mention the results at your appraisal this week, but since he is off and hasn't rescheduled it, that you'd like to know if hes done anything about it?

That way you are getting lots of digs in, in an innocent way.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby spacegirl » Tue May 26, 2009 1:50 pm

I'm short!! :cry:
not if you were the last dandy on earth
spacegirl
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby RagDoll » Thu May 28, 2009 3:45 pm

dipsydoodlenoodle wrote:You could casually mention to the overall boss that you had asked your line manager about going on the training course and he said he'd mention the results at your appraisal this week, but since he is off and hasn't rescheduled it, that you'd like to know if hes done anything about it?

Funnily enough, the day I posted this problem I ended up having a meeting with our director about some work I've been doing. He asked me how it's going in my team compared to my old one and I said it was better in someways and worse in others. He asked how it was worse and I said "there could be stronger management" he enquired if I meant my line manager or overall boss to which I replied both. He said he already knew our overall boss is rubbish, but found it interesting to hear that about my line manager too. He asked if I felt a bit lost sometimes and I responded that I did.

I don't know if this conversation will get me anywhere, but it was nice to be asked by someone who has a clue and a lot of influence without deliberately going to them to have a moan.
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Fri May 29, 2009 9:35 am

Oh fingers crossed something gets done about it then :)
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Previous

Return to Work & Colleagues