Taking advantage

Got a problem with your workplace or one of your colleagues? Thrash it out here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Taking advantage

Postby JGRD146 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:14 pm

I entered work as a confident individual but now it seems that im in "competition" being the "alpha male" of the group. I joined 13 weeks ago where i quickly fitted in and made friends will everyone. However when i mixed with the lads they all seemed to chat to me alot and because of my personality theyve warmed to me. This however made steve funny with me and now he chats behind my back to people. Ive asked him a problem but he says he doesnt have one and i even had to dismiss rumours to senior sales. Its getting better now but still it seems that he thinks i have it in for him.
Everything that has a beginning has an end
JGRD146
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Taking advantage

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:07 am

Steve was probably the top dog in the place, you came along and everyones interest shifted from Steve to you so he has been petty and jealous. Try to ignore his antics and make sure you don't leave him out; if he feels left out then he'll make more rumours. If you continue to have a problem with him, then speak to a manager, say it's 'work-place bullying'.
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Return to Work & Colleagues