***Missed Opportunity***

Got a problem with your workplace or one of your colleagues? Thrash it out here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

***Missed Opportunity***

Postby Anjelica » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:34 pm

Ok so its been a while since Ive posted on here.

Things have been looking up for me. I have a cracking job now that Im really proud of. But theres always been that dream job that I feel like ive been striving for since I was like 19- Im now 25. To join the Police. No matter how good my job is, I just cant let go. Ive had several unsuccessful applications for the Police and one (most recent) that I made it to the actual centre and failed by a matter of % which i did find frustrating given the fact you have to wait 6 months to reapply. so i waited and missed the next recruitment drive by a few months. Now my 6 months has expired and I had the opportunity to reapply again...... and I could get through on the phone lines!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i literally tried from 8:01am- when they shut phone lines. I had my mother calling, I called during my break, my lunch. And now I gutted cause I have no idea when they will recruit again. And i feel like its such a missed opportunity!

I guess Im not really asking a question, just more of a rant.

But I do feel a bit better.

Thanks.
Anjelica
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: ***Missed Opportunity***

Postby captainf » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:22 pm

To join the police cant you just send in your CV and apply all year round, so that when they do have an intake they already have your CV?
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Return to Work & Colleagues