transferred and i hate it

Got a problem with your workplace or one of your colleagues? Thrash it out here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

transferred and i hate it

Postby JGRD146 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:59 pm

I was working for 13 weeks inside the retail store where a new store opened and the manager said there was loads of opportunities there so i agreed to go there. Now its my second day and i hate it, theyve all become a group and since i only work two days a week (weekends) they dont take notice or anything. Im depressed there and cannot go back to the previous store as my hours have been taken by another person. No one is making a darn effort to get to know me and now on breaks and lunches im all alone. They are all having a laugh and i sit on an empty table all alone. Ive convinced myself to spend a few weeks more there to see if anything changes but if not ill go mad.
Everything that has a beginning has an end
JGRD146
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: transferred and i hate it

Postby kerrie24 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:51 pm

As its only your second day,I dont think youve given it much of a chance really,it will take time to get to know people.
Maybe you will have to make the first move.Talk to one person who seems approachable and they should introduce you to others they know.You may seem a bit of a loner sitting by yourself and people might not know how to strike up a conversation.Try sitting at a table with people on and just say something like 'do you mind if I sit here cos Im sick of sitting on my own over there'.Or ask someone about the music they are listening to,what theyre eating,paper they are reading etc,just to start a conversation and go from there.
It will take time but 2 days is still very soon to give up on it.Make sure you come across as friendly and approachable and you will soon be one of the 'gang'.
kerrie24
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Re: transferred and i hate it

Postby Bel Bel » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:58 am

I agree with kerrie, give it time and make sure you are cheerful as noone is going to wnat to gt to know you if you look miserable
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Return to Work & Colleagues