I feel sick.

Got a problem with your workplace or one of your colleagues? Thrash it out here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

I feel sick.

Postby JennaXXX » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:23 pm

I think I have lost the friendship of my work colleague who I am good friends with. I look after her little boys a lot and she is always spoiling me with Birthday/Christmas and presents from holidays. Anyway, she works in a different department to me and came up to see me. We had a brief chat and she said *Will come and see you later on.* I didn't think much of it and didn't have it set as a concrete plan that she would. Anyway, I ended up finishing work early and left. My friend was still in a meeting. I texted her about 20 minutes later to say that I had a present for her little boy who has been upset lately. After I had texted I put the phone in my bag and had lunch. 30 minutes later I checked my phone and found a missed call and a voicemail from her. She sounded really happy in the voicemail and she asked me if I was still in the building. I was mortified that I had left it so long getting back to her so I texted her back asap and explained about my phone being on silent and leaving work early as I had finished everything. I told her that I did want to see her.
I got no reply. I worried about it all day as it really isn't like her to not reply to my texts. I ended up sending another one late last night and said that I was sorry if I had kept her waiting around and that I was a bit worried about it all. Again, no response.
They are now on holiday but I know she has her phone and that she can use it out there.
I feel worried sick that she hasn't got in touch with me and that she hasn't reassured me that everything is going to be ok. I don't know how else I am meant to reach her if she won't talk to me. :-?
I would understand but there have been times when she has said *I will see you tomorrow* and then she hasn't turned up or given me any explanation. It seems a bit weird that she would judge me for something that she does quite often.
She means a lot to me and I hate the thought of losing her. I'm just really unsure as to what steps to take next. I really don't want there to be a bad atmosphere in work or for us to have a huge confrontration.

Please help? :cry:
Whatever life throws at you, smile, hold your head up high and be the best you can possibly be.
JennaXXX
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: I feel sick.

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:45 pm

Stop reading into these things too much; if your friend is on holiday chances are that she forgot to text back since she'd be rushing to sort everything out. If she has her phone with her it doesn't mean to say that she will have it turned on; she might just have it for emergencies.

JennaXXX wrote:she hasn't reassured me that everything is going to be ok

she doesn't need to reassure you that it's ok because it is ok. She probably thought nothing of it and that it wasn't anything to worry about.
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Re: I feel sick.

Postby Bel Bel » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:01 pm

I agree you are definately over worrying on this one.
If she is abroad call costs can be horrendous. If she is in th UK she may be suffering from signal problems or juts thinks it will be ok to catch up when she gets back
Please stop worrying so much I am pretty confident everything will be all normal when you next see each other
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Return to Work & Colleagues