Help!!

Got a problem with your workplace or one of your colleagues? Thrash it out here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Help!!

Postby Pops » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:00 pm

If anyone has any advice please do not hesitate to share.

You may think I am being a little silly or just paranoid. Im a supply nusery nurse for a private nursery just started my second year for my degree and seem to only be in uni two days for the first semester. So I said I would work two and a half days at work whilst I can. The prob is that the have began to rely on me too much. The [place is desperatly short staffed and all the other supply staff are having to work full time to cover this, hence when someone phones in sick we are pretty much screwed. I am off uni this week for a reading week and they have asked me to work an extra day which i said no to as since work has been so hectic i am finding myself really not enjoying it anymore, to the point of that they could not pay me enough to do just one extra shift.
The next thing is that i took a week off at the end of the month as my bf is off. So we could spend it together. But hes putting his hols back a week due to a prob at work I phoned to put mines back and was told that I was only working the thurs and tue that week. My manager is going on hols soon and has already arranged the rota, for these weeks. i explained I could work the week i had originally took off and that i couldnt the next then she told me that I was only in the thurs and Tue! The funny thing is that the Thurs I cannot do anyway as I am at uni a Thursday and have and never will be able to do that day. A mistake on her part and then she said she would still need me the Tue! Feeling like I have mucked her about I said I would work the Tue.

After thinking a little later i began to get very annoyed with myself. I am a supply worker, i do not get paid for holidays and they really are relying on me far too much! Why should I do the Tue? I will still be at uni two days that week and if i work the Tue i will only be spending two days with my bf.
I am now contemplating phoning tomoz and telling her I need a break and cannot work the tue i need the whole week off. Its her job to find cover! Thats what supply staff is meant for!

Really worried about this phone call.:(
Pops
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Help!!

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:25 am

I'm assuming you phoned, how did it go?
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Re: Help!!

Postby Pops » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:07 pm

Surprizingly well! :) Do not know what I was worried. Still think I need a change.
Pops
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to Work & Colleagues