Bloke at work is pushing his luck.........

Got a problem with your workplace or one of your colleagues? Thrash it out here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Bloke at work is pushing his luck.........

Postby lowopinionated » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:51 pm

Hi,

I didn't know whether to put this in this section or work colleagues section, as I'm not sure there is any particular solution to this one but here goes.

A new guy started in my office in the summer along with a few others, and he seemed outgoing and quite cheeky and a bit big headed right from the word go. Only about just over 2 months after he started he already organised off his own back, a meal out for everyone to go to. It wasn't a bad night as it happens, and nothing wrong with that you may ask? Well, we all know he has a partner and a child, but he is always looking at and talking about other girls and women a lot, (well there's lots of blokes like that of course) but what was a bit naughty I thought, was when he asked a girl from another office he met on a course, out for a drink, and she accepted. Well OK, he could just be being friendly but he did it for showing off I think.........

After that, he started raving about how he pulled her and was joking about heading up to her hotel room etc, (but I think it was all talk.........). Since then he's been e-mailing her and now the office are teasing him about him chasing her, which he denies.

Later on, on another meeting our 2 offices had, the girl in question was there and I knew he had his beedy eye on her, and sure enough at lunch breaks etc, he was following her around, and chatting to her and of course at the end of the day down the pub, he stuck like glue to her. Me and a couple of the other lads were watching him, and knew he was "hoping" for something, but I don't think he got as far as he wanted. As other people were in on the conversation with him and the girl and I think he was hoping they'd go away and leave them in peace but they didn't! :lol:

A bit later, I was chatting privately with my 2 mates and one believes he is after that particular girl, and another said he doesn't think things are going too well with his current relationship, but........... another mate agreed with me it's a bit rough, being flirty with other people when you have another partner, and going behind their back, and if he's not careful he could get in trouble with his employer.

Well I know it's not my business, so I'll just let him make his own mistakes, but other things that annoy me about him, are he is always ripping people to shreds verbally (when they are not there), about their appearance, private life, and calling people rude names (including many in the office), for things like going home early from a social event and not staying out partying till late, like he is. He probably says that about me, I shouldn't wonder, just because I don't know, or am not interested in certain things i.e, going down strip clubs, doing loads of sports. His sense of humour is a bit tasteless as well, like making fun of retarted people and ethnic people or just people that have more qualifications than him as being dorks. Also making rude remarks about quieter people and tasteless comments about whether people are virgins or not, as well as making out he's perfect and never makes mistakes.

Yeah, I've guessed already he thinks I'm a goody two shoes etc, but I just want to find a way of knocking the wind out of his sails, when there's nothing he can do about it! :wink: E.g chatting up the girl his been chasing (I think she is nice though, and friendly and have been chatting to her too, except he's probably been telling her how pathetic he thinks I am because I haven't got a girlfriend :evil: ) or turning up with another lovely lady, at somewhere he's at and seeing his jaw drop, or hearing that the girl he's been chasing, shut him out doors in the street, in just his underwear or slapped him in the face when he got too daring!! (If that happens, that could be awkward at work for him............).

It seems like he wants to make a name for himself, but I think the way I feel is that because I can't be as cool as I want to be (which is NOT like him I must add), I don't want him to have what he thinks he can get either............. plus I don't like the way how rude he is about others.

Any suggestions or "not illegal" ways I can outsmart him?
Mikey Mike
lowopinionated
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Re: Bloke at work is pushing his luck.........

Postby captainf » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:23 pm

Best way to outsmart him is to actually do nothing at all, ignore him. Hes just an annoyance in your day.
Ignore him, get on with your work - you're wasting your life worrying about him. The women he uses and abuses will wise up in time and he will end up lonely.
I knew a guy like that once, he was abit of a jack the lad type too, he never did get the girl he was after but it was his cockyness that shot him in the foot. This guy you work with will slip up at his own expense soon and it will be hilarious when he does. I bet everyone else in your department dislikes him too, especially if they all know hes been witching about everyone.

I suppose if you really want to get to him you could always say 'havent you got a wife and kids?' the next time hes chatting up that other woman. Atleast then that woman will know what hes like.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Bel Bel » Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:37 am

I agree that you shouldn't waste your time on this guy
I am pretty sure others can see through him just like you do
Most people probably don't want to get on the wrong side of him becasue of his verbal rippings
Why do you care so much what he thinks? He is obviously the dork here. He can't see the good in anyone, is so insecure he has to rip everyone else and has obviously got a rubbish home life if he has to chase all these other girls, it just shows you how inadequate he is
Also why care what he says about you to others, if tey are stupid enough to believe him you wouldn't value their opinion anyway, would you?
Just ignore him and don't let him get under your skin
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby lowopinionated » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:02 pm

Yeah, good advice peeps ta! =D> :D

Tell you the truth, a lot of people do seem to get on with him, but I suppose they don't know him well enough yet or can't weigh him yet, like I have. I do get on with my work, but he's always around at lunchtime when I'm chatting to the other lads and he thinks he can join in, although nobody can really say he can't.

I've kept most stuff to myself apart from agreeing with one workmate that we couldn't take "a lot" of him.

He's obviously pretty shallow and trying to put up a big front, to cover up for his bad points........ :wink:
Mikey Mike
lowopinionated
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Return to Work & Colleagues