Cant get a job and it depressing me

Got a problem with your workplace or one of your colleagues? Thrash it out here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Cant get a job and it depressing me

Postby saramidnite » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:16 pm

I had to give up my job due to there not being a branch where my boyfriend lived in the country. I always passed every interview in london. Yet now since i moved 3 wks ago. I had a few interviews and i didnt get the jobs. It realy getting to me.
I couldnt sort out a job before moving as i moved to n.ireland and i couldnt take the time off to fly back and forth at short notice for interviews. I arranged 3 interviews 4 when i moved. Made it clear old staff had aplied 4 the job and they were good works. The 2nd
Was rude and didnt even phone me to say i didnt get the job. I got another interview tomorrow. I hoping i do better. Im hard working. Decated honest. I friendly. Good team player with a warm bubbly personality yet it not good enough. Ive bin a supervisor and incharge of warehouse. It realy getting to me
saramidnite
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Re: Cant get a job and it depressing me

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:24 am

Unfortunately there is a LOT of unemployment; before there might have been 10 people applying for each job and now there may be 100s; your chances have dropped significantly. I think you have done really well to even get 3 interviews; don't be dis-heartened.

On a side note: How is it in ireland, with your boyfriend?
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby saramidnite » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:10 am

It going great thankyou 4 asking. I got an interview in 50min. I hope it go ok this time.
saramidnite
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Bel Bel » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:39 am

Good Luck for your interview
I also think 3 interviews is actually really good in the current climate.
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:43 pm

oh let us know how your interview went - I'm too late to say good luck but I hope you did well.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby sazzled » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:17 pm

saramidnite wrote:I had to give up my job due to there not being a branch where my boyfriend lived in the country. I always passed every interview in london. Yet now since i moved 3 wks ago. I had a few interviews and i didnt get the jobs. It realy getting to me.
I couldnt sort out a job before moving as i moved to n.ireland and i couldnt take the time off to fly back and forth at short notice for interviews. I arranged 3 interviews 4 when i moved. Made it clear old staff had aplied 4 the job and they were good works. The 2nd
Was rude and didnt even phone me to say i didnt get the job. I got another interview tomorrow. I hoping i do better. Im hard working. Decated honest. I friendly. Good team player with a warm bubbly personality yet it not good enough. Ive bin a supervisor and incharge of warehouse. It realy getting to me

I can sympathise with you. I've been unemployed for 7 months now (redundancy), have had 17 interviews with mixed feedback.
I know alot of people say this, but it's true, even if you keep getting the interviews but not the jobs, it's good practice. Always try to get feedback to see where you can improve on. It's got to the point now where I've perfected my interview technique, but, unfortunately, there are some really petty employers out there - one employer decided that I live too far away, baring in mind that my address is on my CV but they still interviewed me anyway!
One interview I had a while ago gave very good feedback but because there were aspects of the job I didn't have experience in (not my fault) and as they were under pressure to get someone in quick, I wasn't offered the job - if they weren't under pressure and just employing someone extra instead of covering someone who was on long-term sickness, they would've offered me the job. I understand how frustrating job hunting can be and it doesn't help that alot of people are in the same position.
Have you tried recruitment agencies? They are always willing to give interview advice. There's plenty of interview advice on the internet if you need to research out of work hours.

Best of luck with your job hunting!
sazzled
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby saramidnite » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:37 am

I got a job. Sadly it part time and tempory. It only for 5weeks but i guess it beta then nothing. Thank you for your advice. I will need to look for another job again soon so i will look at internet 4 interview advice. Thank you
saramidnite
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:42 am

oh well done; 5 weeks is certainly better than nothing. What are you going to be doing?
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby saramidnite » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:21 pm

Just working on a till in a supermarket. I use to b a supervisor 4 checkouts now i am at the bottom again. But at least it a job
saramidnite
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:36 pm

As you said at least it is a job. I used to work in a supermarket on the tills and I used to love working Christmas as everyone was generally really nice.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby saramidnite » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:57 pm

Thank you. I been working in customer service for 9years. I am lookward to working again.
It just feels werid not having a parment full time job. Fingers crossed i get one next year
saramidnite
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to Work & Colleagues