Crush on manager

Got a problem with your workplace or one of your colleagues? Thrash it out here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Crush on manager

Postby Skarlet » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:54 am

Hi guys,

Don't really need a lot of advice, just needed to vent a bit. I have a crush on my manager- and although I know that nothing will happen or could happen, it makes me a little awkward around him. Which isn't so good when I have to talk to him, or work in close confines. (I am pretty sure you shouldn't check out his bum whilst you are at work, lol)

Are there methods for moving past crushes sooner then just letting them run their course? I haven't had a crush like this since school, and ack!. :oops:

Skarlet
Skarlet
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Crush on manager

Postby RagDoll » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:30 am

Hi Skarlet,

Not really sure how you can deal with this one other than just letting it run its course! Perhaps you can keep reminding yourself of his faults too?! It's easy to put people on a pedestal when you have a bit of a crush on them. There's nothing wrong with thinking he's attractive etc. but just make sure you keep it professional, ha.
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby snail » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:46 am

Can I ask, why is it that nothing can happen? Do you think you would want it to if it could?
How we spend our days is how we spend our lives.

Annie Dillard
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Skarlet » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:51 pm

Mainly because I wouldn't be his type, and secondly, its too close- I had a relationship with a manager at my last job, and it caused lots of problems. I think its just a fantasy thing, I have been pretty unhappy with my current relationship, which I did try again with (although I moved out) and that hasn't been the best move. Which is another story.

Got to get my head sorted first, and than I guess this will fade. Just wish there was a way to speed it up.
Skarlet
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby snail » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:11 pm

So perhaps there's a bit of escapism in this then. I wouldn't fight it, I think that'll make you feel more uncomfortable. I would just allow yourself to feel anything you want, reminding yourself that it's a bit of distraction from other things in your life, and it will go when they're sorted.
How we spend our days is how we spend our lives.

Annie Dillard
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Skarlet » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:56 am

yeh I guess you are right Snail. It just makes me feel uncomfortable at work sometimes. Hopefully once I have sorted everything in my home life, it will go back to normal.
Skarlet
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to Work & Colleagues