Help had to report a friend!!

Got a problem with your workplace or one of your colleagues? Thrash it out here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Help had to report a friend!!

Postby Purpleheart » Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:46 pm

I am a 38 year old nursing student in the third year of the programme, I had/have a friend who is 41 on the same course. We have been friends for the last 18 months of the course. During our last placement she informed me that she had forged signatures in her nursing paperwork and told me and incident where she was "horrible" to a a special needs child, since then I have tried to distance myself from her. On returning to uni about the 5th March, I reported her to my lecturer. I had to do a written statement and got told it would be dealt with within a week. Well last week she was trying to my be my friend again. I am finding it really hard to be civil to her, but the uni is dragging their heels to deal with it. I got a phonecall today from a lecturer saying that they wouldn't speak to my "friend" for another 3 and a half weeks when they return from leave, enjoy my leave and don't worry. Then said you don't sound happy about this hmm wonder why!?! I just feel I am being really two-faced at the moment trying to be civil to her, as I know there will be a moment when she knows it was me it. The uni say they are not allowed to tell me what happens to her and or tell her. Any advice welcome, on how to encourage the uni to be quicker or deal with my "friend".
Purpleheart
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: Help had to report a friend!!

Postby Bel Bel » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:40 am

Not sure there is anything you can do
There are legal processes that have to be followed and it may be the lawyers behind the scenes dragging their hells or needing to prepare documentation on behalf of the uni
The fact is she is in the wrong not you so try to stop feeling bad - you have done the right thing
It's a shame more people don't have your courage to whistle blow =D>
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Re: Help had to report a friend!!

Postby David020549 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:05 pm

Hi
What you have reported is hearsay, even though it came from your friend, it would have been investigated and noted but to take action proof is needed and that was probably not enough. You have flagged an issue and she will be observed closely, however be aware that they will also be observing YOU closely too, raising your head above the parapet makes you a target too.
David020549
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to Work & Colleagues