New Team and not getting on!

Got a problem with your workplace or one of your colleagues? Thrash it out here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

New Team and not getting on!

Postby tourguide_barbie » Thu Feb 27, 2003 2:24 pm

OK I work for a BT call centre and have done for the past 6 months. When we started there was 20 of us in training, we got on like a house on fire, we saw eachother outside work and we had a great time in work, we felt guilty about being paid to be there coz it was so much fun.

Now alot of my orginal team have been moved some have gone to thailand others have just moved on, which is fair enough, but we have been put in with a new team (there are about 4 from the original team left) and I don't like them at all, They are very clicky in other words they stay to themselves. If you say something they laugh or whisper, they all sit together at lunch and we arent welcome. The boys from our team and the new team have all clicked. It just seems to be a problem with the girls. It has gotton to the point were I'm not being myself I'm just sitting and working away on the internet. I am usually out-going and always laughing and messing about. I feel like such a bore and I'm sure they think I'm a bore aswell. Its just getting me down and I wanted to let it all out. I love my job I don't wanna leave, and I am currently doin a NVQ in team managment and customer services here. What can I do?
I'm in a rut!
Love TGB xXx
tourguide_barbie
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Enigma » Thu Feb 27, 2003 11:14 pm

Do you get on with your team manager?

If you don't, then you could speak to another supervisor as an alternative, or perhaps an operations manager?

Discuss the way you feel about this matter. I think you could do with some team-building exercises!
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby tourguide_barbie » Fri Feb 28, 2003 10:49 am

He gets on well with the other half of the team (my team manager) I'll suggest some team building i think that may help
Love TGB xXx
tourguide_barbie
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby misatok11 » Sat Mar 01, 2003 12:52 am

Why not organise a night out? I have spent most of my working life moving from place to place. So colleagues come and go. The only way i can survive is by getting my workmates out and doing some team bonding in the bars. If not, then you've tried all you can do is be nice. Hope this helps.
misatok11
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby danielle » Thu Mar 20, 2003 12:56 pm

well i have spoke to u and believe me they only one missing out is them i think your really nice and friendly and i would be glad to have you on my team. :P
ALL FOR FUN AND FUN FOR ALL
danielle
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to Work & Colleagues