I feel like I am wasting my time

Got a problem with your workplace or one of your colleagues? Thrash it out here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

I feel like I am wasting my time

Postby kitten » Wed Mar 19, 2003 4:47 pm

I have just spent the last few days working frantically to get a big s/sheet ready for a meeting today. I has really stressed me out as it was quite complicated.

Anyway they are in the meeting now and the spreadsheet is still on a desk here - I have wasted this hard work.

To top it off I got called into the meeting and asked if I could copy the figures I had put in the spreadsheet from the original handwriting so they could assess it - I could have screamed :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Well this isn't the first time this has happened and I have plently of other jobs I could be doing.

My appraisal this year has been postponed and I don't know how to tell my boss I feel like I am wasting my time, working hard for just above minimum wage.

What should I do?
kitten
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: I feel like I am wasting my time

Postby Kyle » Fri Apr 11, 2003 10:07 am

They have no right treating you like that.
Everytime i try to fight i fall,
without my wings i feel so small,
I guess i need you baby. x
Kyle
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

replying to kitten...

Postby Amanda » Mon May 05, 2003 12:27 pm

i know what you mean about feeling underappreciated. you do all that hard work, and you might as well have just kicked your feet back and relaxed, right?

how come they didn't use the spreadsheet? i don't think it is very fair that you do all this work and they barely look at it. i think you should have a good talk with your boss (if s/he is the understanding kind), and tell them how you feel. there isn't really a right way to say it, so i guess you just gotta come out with it.

how is the job itself? does it have good prospects, do you enjoy it? if not, maybe you should get a job where you feel justly appreciated.

hope i was of some help
"All that is gold does not glitter..."
Amanda
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to Work & Colleagues