feeling a bit glum

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

feeling a bit glum

Postby stellar » Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:53 am

hi all,

since i finished uni i don't really have any friends in my home town. when i was at school i had a couple of really close friends but we've all sort of drifted apart, and some of them won't even talk to me as they chose my ex boyfriend over me when we split up, plus they're into class a drugs now which i think is just pathetic.

i have a boyfriend but he lives in a different county, so we only get to see each other at the weekends. at work i don't really have any friends either, they're all a lot older than me, married, have children my age etc plus some of them don't like me purely because i am young and have a degree. i have a sort of "virtual friend" who i email but she backs off when i suggest meeting up, maybe she is shy but i don't know. when i try to get in contact with old school buddies they never seem to want to meet up either, which makes me feel like i've done something wrong or they think i'm horrible or something! what's a girl to do?
stellar
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby musicismalife » Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:48 pm

hi
look it's a sad fact but friends can drift away from you even if you've been close or have known each other forever. i happens to a lot of people so you're not alone. if you're wanting new friends then why don't you join a club for something you enjoy then you can meet new people with the same interests as you. you'll meet some new friends & they might even be better friends than your old ones. & friendships take effort from both people so if you're old friends aren't putting in effort then you shouldn't put in all the effort.
musicismalife
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby netballluva » Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:19 am

Hiya (:

I think that joining a club is definately a good idea. You will be around people who share the same interest as you which is always good as it means you will have something in common and will always have something to talk about.

You will soon find new friends but you just gotta put yourself out there! You will make new friends and it will help your confidence too.

Good luck (:
netballluva
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to Friends