how stupid

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

how stupid

Postby lululala » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:45 pm

today i was telling my friend how i was annoyed because everyone had been annoying me and that i was a bit pathetic. she said that i would grow out of it and would become more mature. ( says she who i think still is pathetic and imature). anyway she was telling me what i could do to be a bit better. i listened to her but i think its complete rubbish and it just shows that she is trying to fit in with her emo friends.

she said first of all that i should change my taste in music. i said i didnt really listen to music apart from the radio in the mornings. she said that the things she listens to have made her more popular cos all the emos like them. i dont want to be rude to emos or anything but shes basically just trying to fit in with them. and i dont want to listen to that cos i have a right to lusten to what i want.

then she said that i should start swearing cos people respect u more and think u r more grown up. i totally disagree. one i havent been brought up to swear and stuff and also wat good does it do? its not exactly nice is it? i think its another way of her trying to fit in.

basically she is just such a wannabe and i shouldt let her thoughts annoy me or upset me. i dont care what she thinks i am who i am and no one can change that. i no that in my heart i am more mature than her cos im nt trying to fit in with others. i have my friends and im happy. lol just wanted to get that off my chest
xx
lululala
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby brfc » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:26 am

you sound more mature than her. you are right you dont have to change to something your not just to fit in. as for swearing going around doing that all the time tends to get you into trouble.

had some kids swearing at a member of staff at the supermarket were i work last night. they didnt look mature or grown up! they looked stupid! i threw those little lovleys out and banned them from the store.

so my point being you just carry on being yourself and dont worry what they think. you sound great too me as you are

brfc
brfc
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Weasley » Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:22 am

I had a friend when I was at school who sounds exactly like your friend! She used to swap and change her personality to match those of the people she decided to become friends with. I didn't know her at all and in the end I found myself laughing in my head as I watched her try and fit in with everyone! Leave her to it! I did and she went off to University not knowing who she was. It's sad. You are you and people should respect you for your morals and even the way you choose to dress etc. As for swearing, swearing isn't cool, it isn't intimidating! I was walking back from the shops the other day and there was a bunch of 13-14 year olds hanging by the bank, swearing at me. I just laughed! It really makes them think they are so much older than they are just by letting a naughty word slip from their tongue! Ooooh such rebels! As BRFC said, you certainly sound a lot more mature than your friend and if I were you, I would be proud of that.
xxx :)
Weasley
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby all_apologies » Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:27 am

I think if you remind her of this conversation in a few years' time she'll look back with total embarrassment! Both things she suggested are 100% ridiculous. You can't force yourself to like something, and since when has your music taste determined how popular you are?

Also, if I'm honest, incessant swearing actually makes young people seem really silly to older generations. For instance, where I work, there is a courtyard outside where loads of young "emos" hang around at the weekend. They're probably all around 13-15 (which I'm assuming is roughly your age group?). When they come into my work, loads of them act pretty obnoxiously and swear really loudly to each other thinking it makes them look cool. You tend to see the rest of the older customers shaking their heads or laughing to themselves at how ridiculous these kids trying to act cool are. I'm not saying that swearing in the right context is wrong (i.e. when you break something, are angry etc), but throwing it into a conversation for the sake of it is really sad.

Fortunately for you, it's something your friends should grow out of soon. Stick to your guns and try to make friends by being a fun person; not by conforming to some stupid rules that your friend has set out. Then, in a couple of years, you won't be the one looking back in embarrassment thinking what a fool you were to have acted like a prat!
all_apologies
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Friends