What if I don't like her?

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

What if I don't like her?

Postby Lolly - Pop » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:12 pm

Me and my best friend (male) have been mates for over 6 years. When we first met we started dating but it just didn't work we make much better friends. We jointly own a house and are very close but there is nothing sexual between us we are very much like brother and sister. I have a boyfriend and him and my best mate are also really good friends.

My best mate has just started seeing a girl and she sounds really nice, but she is coming to stay with us next weekend and I am really scared that we will not get on. She is stopping all weekend as it's to far for her to travel down for one day. I really want to get on with her as she makes my best mate happy, but I don't have many female friends I get on much better with men, I am not sure how to act around her.

The other thing I am worried about is she might not believe that me and my best mate are just friends, people often think that we are lying and there has to be more to it, but that would be just wrong!!!!! I don't want her to think that I am threat to their new relationship, and then try and make him chose between her or me. I am not a threat I have been with my boyfriend for almost 3 years.

I know that I am getting ahead of my self but I can't help worrying about this, but can I ask how many of you guys would be happy if your partner had a best mate of the opposite sex who they were close to and you lived miles away?
Lolly - Pop
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Teenspirit » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:48 pm

Hi Lolly,

The best thing to do is be urself......

She will sense if ur being fake straight away and that will make her wonder y?

Just make her feel comfortable, welcome and do not exclude her. If u n ur Best mate have lots of stories she may feel a little left out.
Im sure ur mate as bigged u up so much she is probably worried about meeting u 2.

I have always had boy best mates until a good few yrs ago. There not as bitchy.
My Boyfriend also has a best friend who is a girl n they R very close.

Like I say just be open n honest n be urself I'm sure use will have loads to talk about espeicailly regarding ur best friends bad habits maybe? Ha ha ha.

Good luck.
Teenspirit
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Lolly - Pop » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:07 pm

I think you are right I should just be myself :) I guess I am panicking cause my mate likes her so much and I want him to be happy.
I like the idea about talking about his bad habits that should keep us going for hours!!! :lol:
Lolly - Pop
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Teenspirit » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:20 pm

Yeah u know lads aint the most domesticated of creatures are they......

And if there are some reading this post I have just sent please dont talke offence I am just going by my past experiences.

I'm sure it will go great and you'll have a great time....

Ive been with my partner 4yrs and still get nervous meting his freinds. he has more family and friends then anyone Ive ever known its overwhelming. His best friend is brilliant.

And another bonus is once use to get on and know each other better she has some inside help as you can advise ur male best bud on how us lovely females work.......

Which I think is an added bonus.

Once she meets ya she'll be relieved that use R just friends. A womans intuition is very strong unless she is unhinged.......

x x x
Teenspirit
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Bel Bel » Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:55 pm

Well your b/f is ok about the situation so I don't see why she shouldn't be.
He must have told her the history so don't worry as teenspirit says just be yourself.
You could always go out for the evening one night with your b/f to give them and you some space?
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Return to Friends