What should I do?

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

What should I do?

Smooth things over
No votes
Or leave it
100%

Total votes : 2

What should I do?

Postby Brighter » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:41 pm

Well basically the problem is:

I was really good friends with this girl all of last year, I'll call her J. Well I always got the impression that me and J were never quite best friends and that she just used me.
But then about May time this year we became really good friends and she considered me her best friend and I considered her mine.
Since then our friendship has detoriated to not even talking to each other.

To start with she dumped her boyfriend, which I was fine with because the way he treated her just wasn't good enough.
Then she made friends with that boyfriend's best friend.
I'd heard a lot of 'poo' about him and I told her that she shouldn't get involved with him.
But then she did, we argued about it a lot and I said that he was one of those people that only wanted one thing, eg: sex. Baring in mind that she's a lot younger than him and I didn't want her to get hurt.
We made friends after it but it was never quite the same.

It was then the summer holidays and we were at least on speaking terms and talking like we were friends.
Then she told me she was going out with him, which seriously annoyed me because she'd choose a guy over her supposed 'best friend'.

Then when we got back to school there was some confusion about communication and we didn't talk for the first two days I think :S
Then we were okay.

Last week it was half term and we argued again over the same thing and she ended up telling me I knew nothing about him and I couldn't judge him and that I should just drop it.
Since then we haven't talked. And to be honest, I don't really want to. One of my other friends has always told me that I was better than J and that I shouldn't bother with her because I'm way out of her league and she doesn't treat me right.
Which I have now come to realize is true.
But even though I know this is true I just can't help but think that we should've stopped being friends on a better note, if you get what I mean...?
Because even though, yeah she probably did treat me worse than I should have deserved, I did trust her a lot, and she said that she trusted me. And we did have a really good friendship at one point and it's just a shame to sort of throw it away.

Do you think I should speak to her and smooth things over and say that I'm happy for her and her boyfriend or just leave it and pretend we weren't really friends?

Brighter x
My heart is yours
Brighter
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby HappyGoLucky » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:46 am

Hey there.

I'm sorry to say this but your friend probably won't listen to you. After all, she hasn't listened to what you said so far about her boyfriend!

You don't want J to get hurt but she refuses to listen to you! It's hard but if she really won't listen to you, there's nothing much you can do about it.

It's hard to have a long-lasting friendship. Things were great last time but what about this time? You need to consider that and if you really feel that you can't be friends anymore, I suggest you move on and forget about her.

Hope this helps.
Life is like a box of chocolates... you never know what you're gonna get!
HappyGoLucky
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby XxXSBXxX » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:05 am

No tbh i realli think you shouldjust leave her..

She doesn deserve ya!! :evil: She has dumped r friends for a boy.. [-X
When he dumps her shel kno who was right all along and shel have no friends to fall bak on! =D>
XxXSBXxX
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Brighter » Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:45 pm

hey
You two are right,
i've decided that she isn't worth the bother and that I'm better off without her, seeing as I'm MUCH more happier now than when I was friends with her.

thanks for your advice!
xx
My heart is yours
Brighter
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to Friends