have i lost her or shud i make the effort?

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

have i lost her or shud i make the effort?

Postby becz » Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:57 pm

Well here goes…. I have been friends with this girl for 10 years, not just friends best friends, we had our arguments but its always been sorted, I got a boyfriend a couple of years ago and we stopped going out only saw each other at school but was still best friends I admit I did sack her off for my boyfriend I realised when we finished but everybody makes mistakes iv told her I did and im sorry for it and she for give me but now she got with this lad a couple of months ago, he treats her really bad by not letting her look at lads or talk to them she’s not allowed to come to my house because I have an older brother n she mite talk to him, iv been through it all with my x, but she always made time for me at least one day a week were I would go to her house do girly things then its just faded away she’s always busy with him if I ring her she’s too busy to talk she will ring later never does etc but were both learning how to drive with the same instructor she told me something he said so I questioned him about it because I wasn’t happy with it, it turned out she got the wrong end of the stick, so the instructor rang her and told her which then followed to her ringing me and having a go putting the phone down and we haven’t spoke since. I feel really bad and really don’t want too loose her but she has done a lot of bitchy stuff and has no time for me. I decided to leave it to her to call me or when she needs me she will hopefully come back but I just want your opinions to see if that’s the right thing to do.
becz
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Bel Bel » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:35 pm

you know from experience she won't listen to you and all you can do is be there for her when she decides she no longer wnats to accept this behaviour form the b/f

just text her saying you will always be there for her and you sorry that your not as close as you used to be

then just leave it and hope she comes to her senses soon rather than later
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby Xpose soph 07 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:24 pm

Just give her some space, time to miss your friendship.

When people get bfs, some often drop there friends out. Not saying its right but it just happens sometimes.

I think maybe text or email her to let her no ur here for her, and ur sorry that ur not gettin on lately and then leave it in her hands.

She will contact u when she needs you, shes ur best friend.
Xpose soph 07
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby LalaSkellington » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:46 am

I did this with my best friend when I got my first boyfriend I'm ashamed to say. Things do work themselves out though because I'm closer to her than ever before and we both have boyfriends.

Eventually she'll realise that this guy is no good for her (be prepared to wait though, I was with a guy for 2 1/2 years who was horrible to me) all you can do is to be the friend she loves when it all ends.

Boyfriends cause strain on friendships but if you really regard someone your best friend it won't cause any harm to the friendship. You have to be able to manage your time between friends & boyfriends. Like see your boyfriend at the weekend and make time for your friends through the week.

Your friend has to remember boyfriends come and go but friends are usually there forver.

Hope all works out!
Lala
.x.x.x.
LalaSkellington
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby HappyGoLucky » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:53 am

Xpose soph 07 wrote:I think maybe text or email her to let her no ur here for her, and ur sorry that ur not gettin on lately and then leave it in her hands.

Xpose soph 07 has a good point here. I think that happens quite a lot too. Give her some space and be there for her when she needs it.

Hope this helps. :wink:
Life is like a box of chocolates... you never know what you're gonna get!
HappyGoLucky
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby becz » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:59 am

Thanks for the replies but lala are you telling me ask my friend to make time for me or should I wait I am willing to wait she did it for me, I was a lad that treated me bad for a year and a half and she waited for me to come to my senses and was there for me, so I will be here for her, but if you are telling me to ask her to make time now I don’t think she will we both have boyfriends now and I would love to still be going out with her at least once a week but she is far to wrapped up in love with him and noone else maters to her right now
becz
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Bel Bel » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:50 pm

as you say you know you justed waited for her and I think that is what you will have to do
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Return to Friends