No news yet...

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

No news yet...

Postby Still_in_Chains » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:07 am

I've not heard from my friend but I don't know if she's opened her email yet. She usually doesn't check emails until early evening and even then it's not every day.

I put ReadNotify on it and it works for the most part but not in 100% of the cases. For instance, I've sent many an email to Mum but not received any receipt from ReadNotify, nor is it listed on my account there as being opened yet I receive a reply from Mum saying thanks for the email so I know it's not 100% reliable.

So, my friend may have opened her email. Last week when she asked about coming round on the Wednesday (14th) and I was spending time with my youngest DS, getting his eye test, going out to eat, playing battleships etc, she mentioned next Thursday evening (tonight) so I'm expecting a text today about this evening. I hope she opens the email before then though. I definitely want her to read it first otherwise it'll feel awkward seeing her, pretending every thing's ok and there's been this email sat in her account since Tuesday! She'd wonder why I hadn't said anything if she were to come tonight.

It doesn't help that I've gone over quota on my text messages. Bad timing, or what!

Oh, this is so difficult!
Previously known as Im_in_Chains
Still_in_Chains
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby HappyGoLucky » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:22 am

Yes, it's so hard to be patient, isn't it?

While waiting for her reply, why don't you keep yourself busy? Hopefully she does read it and replies. You don't really need to worry that your letter isn't good or something because I think it is very well-written.

Good luck and tell us her response.
Life is like a box of chocolates... you never know what you're gonna get!
HappyGoLucky
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Still_in_Chains » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:34 am

Hi -W3N-

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I'm axious about the wait but what's really bothering me at the moment is if she might not have read the email yet and I'm concerned if, in the meantime, she texts me to come round tonight (I already put her off last week as I had plans).

I'm praying she checks her email first, but if she doesn't and I get that text...

[-o<
Previously known as Im_in_Chains
Still_in_Chains
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby Bel Bel » Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:46 am

why don't you tell het to check her e mail before she comes over so you can have a chat about the e mail you sent
if she says why just tell her to read it and she'll understand
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby HappyGoLucky » Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:11 pm

Yea, I was about to say what Bel Bel said. Tell her to check it if it'll put your mind at ease. It's better to be certain that she's going to read it than continue worrying.
Life is like a box of chocolates... you never know what you're gonna get!
HappyGoLucky
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Moose » Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:15 am

I've moved these posts to your original thread so it's easier for people to follow.
Moose
Taken Root
Taken Root

Return to Friends