Is this unreasonable?

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Is this unreasonable?

Postby JennaXXX » Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:53 pm

Bit of a problem.I have a friend who has been in my life for almost 9 years.We have an up and down relationship,bicker all the time and I feel like she puts her boyfriend before me all the time.Anyway lately she keeps wanting to go out with me,her boyfriend,and his friends. I don't like his friends as they make comments about me and say that I should get with this single lad who also joins us.I feel like I can't relax around them and I don't particularly want to be spending my precious time off from work with them.

This NYE, my friend was going to have a party and said that these guys wouldn't be invited.I was really looking forward to it and was so excited.Yet,at the last second she said that they WERE coming.I ended up not going as I realised I would have a better night in alone with a glass of wine and the desperate housewives boxset.

She was annoyed about this and has blanked me.I texted her yesterday as it was her birthday but got no reply.She was meant to be celebrating tomorrow and once again I think all these guys will be invited and a few months back she mentioned she wanted to go clubbing.I HATE clubbing as I always seem to attract a sleazebag and all my friends are watching and it's embarassing as they think I should get with him as I have been single all my life.
My friend knows I hate clubbing.Is it worth me texting her again and saying that I will pay for a meal out for the 2 of us in the week instead? or is that really unfair?
Whatever life throws at you, smile, hold your head up high and be the best you can possibly be.
JennaXXX
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Bel Bel » Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:08 pm

I think that's a really nice idea
It's a compromise, your proving you want to spend time with her but not her other friends. Explain clubbing isn't your thing but you'd really lik to spend time with her so can you two go out for a meal together.
I think she means well but obviously doesn't realise how much this bothers you. I think you need to be really clear with her about that. It sounds like she wants you to get a b/f and be happy like her but everybody is different and you have to live your life how it makes you happy
She knew you wouldn't be happy with the friends at the party and I think she basically tried to trick you into agreeing to go, I don't think she banked on you being happy to stay in on your own.
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Return to Friends