dilemma

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

dilemma

Postby chocolatepudding » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:13 pm

Well, i've been best friends with this boy since we were 5 and we're both now 20. I've always known I've loved him in the sense that he is my dearest friend, but this year he's gone to china for a year abroad as part of his degree, and I really really miss him and I've come to realise I want more than friendship. The thing is, I was talking to my friends the other day and they were saying it's weird that in all the years we've known each other he's never come on to me...we've even had sleepovers where it's just been the two of us and nothing at all has ever happened. So, I guess that means he's not remotely interested in me? Also, he's never had a girlfriend before and my friends think because of this he's gay. However, I've only ever had one boyfriend, years ago, which only lasted a couple of months and I'm certainly not a lesbian, so I'm not sure I believe that. What do you guys think?? Should I say something and jeopordise our friendship ? Or just accept he isn't interested and never will be??
Any thoughts/advice would be much appreciated!!
chocolatepudding
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: dilemma

Postby retrochav » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:02 pm

Theres no proof that he is gay. Many gay guys dated loads of women in an effort to appear straight - if someone isnt happy or comfortable about their sexuality they often try to mask it by appearing to be wild about the same or oppersite sex.

This guy could feel the same way about you, but be shy. Else he feels really comfortable in your company like a brother/sister relationship. He may be gay, he may just never have thought about a girl/boy friend.

TH eonly way to know is to gently enquire about his feelings. Tell him that you miss him far more than you realised you would and see how it goes. Good luck
whatever your problem someone else has been there and bears the scars.
retrochav
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby lusciouslips007 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:40 pm

well to be honest this is a really difficult problem. u'll never know unless u try. so rather then just asking him if he likes u or anything staright away, just gently go around the subject and see how he reacts. Try flirting with him or something and see if he flirts back. Or, i dunno, try asking him what he likes in a girl and get him talk about that sort of subject which then leads to who he likes and stuff. The truth is, if u never try to find out, ur gonna spend the rest of ur life thinking what if... so don't just let it pass.
lusciouslips007
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to Friends