Flatmate issues...

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Flatmate issues...

Postby rainbows » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:46 am

Where to start!?

Well I moved into university halls last September (so been there for about 5 months now) and I get on with all my flat mates really well (there's about 12 of us). There's 4 girls and 8 boys, so its pretty male dominated but we all get on fine.

Now one of my flatmates (a guy, we'll call him guy 1) had this thing with one of the girls from my flat, but it wasnt anything serious, and it only lasted about 2 months if that. now shes with someone else in the flat (and several other guys on campus for that matter). but now i seem to be developing feelings for guy 1 since christmas.

We get on pretty well, like we'll talk in the kitchen and we'll jokingly tease each other. But recently, i've been getting a different vibe from him. He was asking me weird questions about what kinda food i like and dont like. and then he invited me to the pub, then he wanted to come to the cinema with me and my friend, then he hinted that he wanted me to go see a film with him. And then the other day, i was in the kitchen with guy 1 and another one of my male flatemates and i said i really wanted to go to the cinema again and the other flatmate said 'im sure guy 1 would go with you'. but i think everyone just kinda ignored it.

The only thing is when all the guys are in the kitchen, guy 1 usually doesnt pay me any attention. but i just figured it was a guy thing.

So i dont know where i'm going with this... but i guess i just wanna know what to do about it all lol! Any help would be good! Thanks.
rainbows
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Bel Bel » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:56 am

i think he is interested so keep on flirting and he will keep on asklng you out and it will progress from there
I wouldn't worry about the other girls feelings as she seems quite happy sharing herself about and it wasn't a serious relationship
At least other flat mate has picked up on his feelings as she said I am sure guy1 would take you out
Just let it happen naturally
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby rainbows » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:31 am

Thanks for the quick reply!

The only thing is he is generally a friendly person so i dont know if thats just him being friendly or if he is actually flirting. Furthermore, when he asked me out I didnt actually go with him. We've never done anything as in just me and him. If we have theres always been someone else there too. Also, what if he's doing like research for one of the other flatmates whos always hanging round with him.... i might just be being paranoid though! lol
rainbows
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Bel Bel » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:53 am

Well the comment from the toher flatmate makes me think he likes you. Other people usually spot these things however discreet someone thinks there being.
Can you get one of the others to try and find out how he feels without making it obvious?
What about you ask him to the cinema, if he then asks others to go it could be becasue he is scared to be alone woth you as he is shy in that way or it could be he is letting you know it';s just a freindship.
However if you both ed up going on your own you can see how it all goes and you may well get signals from him
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Return to Friends