Changing course affecting friendship

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Changing course affecting friendship

Postby innocent » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:17 pm

ok basically i am doing an ND in health and social care at college. its a total waste of time, the teachers are never in etc. (which im putting a complaint in about, they're messing with our futures, ive learnt nothing since september, when we get an essay they tell us to 'google it'!!) not finding the course interesting anymore and i would love to leave as a job has come up that perfect for me. trouble is its just me and my mate that hangs about in tech, shes very shy and quite depressed, i know for a fact she wont want to be mates anymore if i leave her. :cry: which is pretty childish but i can see her point, i have to be selfish but im scared.
innocent
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby dollydiamond » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:16 pm

dont be scared just take the time to explain to her tht the course isnt right for you anymore, and you need to do something tht is going to be beneficial to you. promise her tht you are wanting to stay friends with her (if you wan to tht is)
if she is any sort of friend she will understand,
let me know how it goes
xxx
iloveyou.. xx
dollydiamond
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby Bel Bel » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:36 pm

You must do what is right for you and not let this girl hold you back.
If she shuts herself off from you because your doing whats right for you it's not wonder she is depressed, she has to start helping herself before she will get better.
Please don't miss out on a great opportunity, it's not being selfish it's doing what's right for you
You can still keep in touch and show you'll be firends but if she doesn't respond you will know you tried
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby HappyGoLucky » Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:26 am

Try explaining to her why you want to change your course. You're not being selfish - it's doing what you think is best for you. Tell her that you really want to remain friends although you're changing your course. If she doesn't respond to any of your calls/messages etc. after that, at least you know you tried.
Life is like a box of chocolates... you never know what you're gonna get!
HappyGoLucky
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Yellowcoaching » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:17 pm

Imagine your life a year from now if you do what you want and follow your dreams and ambitions.

Now imagine it if you stay where you are doing something you don't like for a whole year to suit someone else. How do you feel? Can you imagine being able to remain friends with the person you'll hold accountable for the way you feel...

Live your own life you only get one!
You only get one life; I can help you make the most of it.
Yellowcoaching
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to Friends