Fallen out with best friend

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Fallen out with best friend

Postby anxiousdude23 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:33 pm

Hi everyone,

sorry about the long post

Basically, my friend Adam told this guy called Jake his friend Tim that our friend Michelle fancied Tim, which she does. They hooked up and on MSN on saturday, Tim was on all drunk.I did not know he was drunk at the time. He asked if I told his friend Jake that Michelle fancied him. I told him not me, but Adam. Not seeing the big deal. But Tim appeared quite annoyed and Michelle has the shortest temper I know. It was Adam's 21st birthday and I didn't want Michelle to ring him, which I really believed she would as she has done things like that in the past, and tell him of. I thought if Tim was annoyed, Michelle would be. The day before, Adam had told him not to ring him about anything Michelle related unless it was an emergency but I decided to ring him to pre-warn him. Half an hour later, Michelle text me to say Tim was drunk and to not take any notice. So, I immediately texted Adam and told him not to worry blah blah, Michelle is fine etc.

Adam seemed fien but in the last few days ignored my calls, texts, MSN messages etc. Today, I rang him again and got through. He said, he was annoyed with me because I got him worried on his birthday about something when there was no need to worry and he had to ring Michelle to ask and she was fine with it. But I really did it with the best intentions and as soon as I found out there was nothing to worry about, I told him so and it was all solved within an hour. Now I feel guilty, that I spoilt his birthday but I didn't mean to. Also, we are still not talking depsite me apologising

I know I made a mistake but I didn't do anything deliberately wrong and I just can't stop feeling guilty

I just did what I thought was right at the time.
anxiousdude23
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Ogadai » Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:39 pm

you did what you though was right, no-one can blame you for that. also, you are human, all humans make mistakes, it's nature.
i wouldn't worried about it, just let things settle down and contact him later, then it should pass over. if it doesn't ask him why he's annoyed.
Time. Time is an artificial construct. An arbitrary system based on the idea that events occur in a linear direction at all times. Always forward, never back. Is the concept of time correct? Is time relevant?
Ogadai
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby miaow » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:57 pm

Agree with above ^.

Seems to have been blown out of all porportion!! It will all settle down ....

In future let ppl just get on with it - sometimes when we try to help all we end up with is blame being laid at our door!!

Chin up :)
miaow
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to Friends